1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD White Out / Boot Loop

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Benjamin QwkSilver, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Benjamin QwkSilver

Benjamin QwkSilver New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2009 Prius Screen (model 86110-47260). When I start the car it seems ok for a few min. Toyota Logo and then Info screen as is tradition. Then suddenly I get a white bar at about 2/3 down, and it either reboots immediately back to logo, or it slowly washes out from the center of the bar until the whole screen is just white. Eventually it reboots.

I am fairly proficient with a solder iron, and have no issues taking the thing out and disassembling it, repair, and reinstall. It would just be nice if someone could share the most likely cause of this, I know it's probably a cap, but which, where, and what size would be nice to know too. If this is a common problem then does anyone have the repair info?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The problem with the Combination meter on these cars can be fixed by putting in a new Capacitor. The problem with the MFD (multifunction display), I don't think is a capacitor issue.

3. Benjamin QwkSilver

Benjamin QwkSilver New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I see then reputable diagnostics and repair center recommendations? I really don't like the prices I find on that model for a replacement of the whole unit. I've looked through the device already and nothing is swollen, and no burnt smells, or anything else obvious. Additional ideas of where/what to look into.

4. brenty411

brenty411 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring