1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD won't come on but did come on five minutes later. The radio goes on and off every three seconds.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tery Thompson, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Tery Thompson

Tery Thompson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2009 Prius. MFD would not come on when I started the car but it did come on about five minutes into my drive. Now it won't come on at all except for a brief Toyota logo at startup. It is getting power as you I see a slight glow on the screen at night. Also my radio goes on and off about every three seconds. I have pulled the plug out of the 12v battery to reset everything. I've also unplugged and plugged in the connections on the back of the MFD. My 12v battery is low but I put a full charge on it but to no avail Still no MFD. It only has 104k miles on it and is in like new shape. Can someone help me with this problem please? These forums are great!
    I did check the fuses under the hood but is there another fuse box inside?
    P L E A S E H E L P...

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There is a fuse box under the dashboard, near where your left knee would be when you are sitting in the driver's seat.

Check the following fuses: 10A GAUGE, 15A DOME, 15A ECU-B, 7.5A ECU-IG, 7.5A ACC.

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Obtain the model number from the back of the MFD. Buy an exact replacement or send that one out for repair. Re-install it and be happy.......

Many of us Gen 2 owners have been through this