1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mice living, gnawing and crapping in Prius engine comparment!

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by The Big Sleaze, Dec 15, 2023.

1. The Big Sleaze

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    Wont upload pic (too big?) but they tore bare of insulation about 4x6" patch on the under-engine panel that has to be removed to change ATF and Coolant. Must've moved in fast when I was parked for frequent night hikes at Open Space wilderness park, because I drive this car 9 out of 10 days, and don't think its ever been parked for more than 2 days. It does seem like the area might not ever get too hot, so who knows, maybe they were going along for the ride! I'm not sure but I think I might have "heard something" when removing the panel in the garage but figure it was twig falling or something.
    Real fear is that rodents have been known to gnaw on wires and hoses for no particular reason. Don't SEE any of that, still checking.
    Please tell me a 2020 Prime does NOT have rodent attracting soy-based wire insulation.

I guess I'll apply something like this. Mighty Mint Rodent Repellent - 15oz : Target

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    pics aren't uploading because of a server migration.

just search mice in the gen 4 forums, unfortunately:

mice-infestation.226435