1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus P185/65R15 discontinued

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by HappyPig, May 16, 2007.

1. HappyPig

HappyPig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just got off the phone with Michelin and they've discontinued production of the size of Energy MXV4 Plus tires that fit the Prius normally (P185/65R15). What they're suggesting to replace the MXV4 Plus is the MXV4 Primacy, and the customer support rep. was a bit incredulous that I was looking to put something like this on a Prius. Since the MXV4 Plus comes up repeatedly on PC, I was wondering if anyone had heard about this and what their opinions were.

Thanks!
    Niles
    Lyme, NH

2. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyPig @ May 16 2007, 08:37 AM) [snapback]443359[/snapback]</div>
    The the rep tell why?
    I'm looking to replace my Integrities in the next month.

Dave M.

3. HappyPig

HappyPig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ May 16 2007, 02:43 PM) [snapback]443545[/snapback]</div>
    Unfortunately she didn't and I wasn't on top of it enough to think of that. She said that the newer Primacies superceded the MXV4 Pluses, but they're summer tires, not all-weather. After I hung up, I immediately called the Tire Rack, and they had only one MXV4 Plus 185 tire (one!) left in their entire inventory. Darn.

Niles

4. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wow, I'm surprised they went through with it.

They do still have an all season MXV4, the MXV4 S8. They just don't come in the stock Prius size.

5. rightbrain

rightbrain New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HappyPig @ May 16 2007, 10:55 AM) [snapback]443557[/snapback]</div>
    I want to assure you that the new MXV4 Primacy is an all-weather tire. I just bought a set, and it has an M+S rating. Perhaps someone was confused because the lettering is different or because the Michelin site is not forthcoming.

John Light

6. kn6vv

kn6vv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is all interesting about the MXV4 plus.

I just ordered a set from Sams Club last week on special order as it is still shown as available in the stock size but they have not arrived yet. I was told 5-10 days total wait so I should know soon.

I now have to wonder if I will receive the "not available anymore" email!

7. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Where are you guys finding the "MXV4 Primacy"? I can't find info on them anywhere including the Michelin site.

8. dmann1

dmann1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SW03ES @ May 19 2007, 12:02 AM) [snapback]445538[/snapback]</div>
    Same question. I just got of the phone with a dealer who said that the Primacy is not yet available in the correct size for the Prius. Another dealer said he'd put Harmony's on 4 Prii and the owners where thrilled, hadn't mentioned MPG hit but the 5 mpg noted in various threads worries me, so I'm inclined to not use them. We do live in snow country, but I think snow is God's way of saying "stay home and read a book!" The guy who recommended the Harmony said he can get the MXV4+ for me, but based on other calls I've made, I think he'll find he can't. So--whoever said they just put Primacy's on--was it the standard Prius size or what? Thanks!