1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Michelin Energy Saver tires

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ernie1, Dec 2, 2009.

1. ernie1

ernie1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've had these tires installed on my 2008 Touring and can report that I wouldn't recommend them due to the harsh ride, decrease of about 1 1/2 -2 mpg of gas and the cost -$163/tire at Costco. The original Turanzas were alot softer riding but only lasted 30,000 miles. My biggest objection is the very harsh ride and it's probably due to a harder tire compound to get better mileage which is not true in my case and I'd recommend that you consider another brand of tires.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The mileage loss is negligible as in most cases with other models of tires you would likely have lost more.

You should list how many miles you have on these new tires, when you purchased them and assure everyone that you have included the changes in weather and fuel forumlation in your loss of MPG. Some peolple forget to do that and later realize that the change in temperature, failure to wait for a break in period to end, or fuel formula could have accounted for the MPG loss. :)

3. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'd trade you some Michelin HydroEdge tires but I have the std 15" wheels...195/60/15

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Which tyres do you have?
    I have Michelin Energy XM1+ and couldn't be happier!
    I took a small hit of 0.4L/100km in the first few hundred kilometres but soon got back to the mileage (4.3L/100km) I got on the old Michelin Energy XM1 tyres that came on my car as standard. The XM1+ have more grip and are quieter.