1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Michelin Primacy MXV4

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by A. B. Hair, Jan 15, 2008.

1. A. B. Hair

A. B. Hair New Member

Rural area called Powdersville, 10 miles out of Gr
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I finially had my Primacy MXV4 's installed yesterday and had to travel about 150 miles. Car seems to handle well. It is certainly quieter from the tire noise. It seems to have removed the high speed "wabble" on interstates following trucks. I was running 42/40 on the Goodyear tires but had to reduce the air back to 37 /35 due to the wabble. With this in mind, I feel I will get as least as good gas mileage.
    BTW, my Michelin rep recommend the Primacy over there Energy saying it was an improvement. The Greenville SC Goodyear folks stated their TTT tries are not sold in this area. I don't understand but all is well.:confused:

1 person likes this.
  2. Econ

Econ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The Primacy MXV4 is the new replacement for the Energy. The rubber composition is longer wearing and has a warranty. The Energy has a softer composition and does not carry a mileage warranty.

3. A. B. Hair

A. B. Hair New Member

Rural area called Powdersville, 10 miles out of Gr
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My primacy MXV4 tires now have approx 30K in them and show very lillle wear. I rotate at 5K using the Michelin method of cross in the two front to the rear and moving the rear straight to the front. I am sure this is better than the Toyota method of straight back to front.
    I can't say I get any better mileage but I like them much better all round.

4. dbarry

dbarry Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just switched from the Hydroedge ( a VERY VERY VERY Noisy tire) to the MXV4's and love 'em!