1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Microfiber Observation

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by rstark18, Oct 21, 2009.

1. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had bought some Costco Microfiber bulk pack a while back and was using it for drying and wax removal. In another thread I saw someone warn that these towels scratch. I took a new jewel case (CD holder) and rubbed a just washed towel on the inside and no scratches. I was actually rubbing very hard. I then did the same thing with the edge of the towel where it's hemmed and it easily scratched the plastic without much pressure. So I think any MF that has a sewn edge that is not very soft will scratch.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i have a pack of MF towels that have no seams, no embroidered edges, nothing.

i think i bought them at the dollar store

3. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've never seen any without seams. If it's convenient could you snap a picture of the edge of the towel.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

I don't own these but Zaino has ones that are borderfree, but they are expensive...

Zaino Blonde Borderfree Towel: 3 pack: Zaino Store

[​IMG]

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I happen to like the Meguiars Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth, they work very well, and launder up nice and soft!!!!! I use them every Sunday morning for my babys wash and Ultimate Detailer/Wax wipe down!!!

She looks so sweet when I'm done!!!

6. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I tried cutting the border off a Costco towel but it created a lint nightmare.

1 person likes this.
  7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i checked and i have two without borders, several with borders and something else that is kinda like a shammy which i use to dry water spots off with. one of the towels i think came with one of the clay bar kits i bought... but have gotten 3 and not sure if it came from the Meguires or the Zaino... sooo