1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

midwest prius fail

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Brianb913, May 9, 2009.

1. Brianb913

Brianb913 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    eastern prius not available till july

Called all my local dealers this morning and found out the prius won't even be available for order until mid june late july. according to 4 different dealers they're all getting 2 cars in that aren't for sale at that point people can come in and place their orders for models and options, prior to that you can put $500 down and put your name on a list to be first in line to get your car but you can't even put in your color or options yet. I'm in indiana so if anyone has a good dealer with different information please let me know.

And i screwed up the thread name >_< bah not my day today

2. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    Have u tried calling other states close to you? I am flying down to calif possibly next weekend to get mine. 12 hour drive back but will be nice

3. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Re: eastern prius not available till july

If it's any help all but one dealer gave me the same exact story. No way to order the car, it will take 2-3 months etc...
    I did find (with some forum help) the exact car I wanted, the right color, everything, right near me and in a few hours I should have a signed contract.
    Call more dealers! Some dealers seemed to be dropping the ball regarding the 2010's. I think it might be they want to push sales of the 2009's.
    Mid june or close to it seems to be the time from the Port to the dealer. The boat is coming in on May 25th or the 29th, I forget which. Then they said it takes about 10 days for the Port to process everything. But I have the car and colors I want and the dealer has verified all this. All I can say is call around more. Edmunds.com has a dealer locator that I've used in the past when I want to look outside my area. i just throw in a zip code that is far enough away and it will show all the dealers for that make in the area. Something else to try anyway.
    Hope you find what you are looking for, I know how tough it is!
    Steve

4. Brianb913

Brianb913 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    unfortunately my financial situation right now would require me to spend my down payment to get out of state :( My ball joint is going out on my current car and in order to drive any great distance i'd have to get it fixed, then gas to get there and back. believe me i'd do it in a heart beat if i had the extra cash but i've been saving this down payment for over two years now and i'm not gonna give it up.

5. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What exact vehicle are you looking for? Maybe someone on this forum can help out..

6. Brianb913

Brianb913 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    With my current situation a Prius 3 no options blue ribbon metallic more than likely though i'll end up fixing my current car and saving a few more months till end of july/august so i'm in a better position to buy a car anyway.