1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Might have blown a speaker...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by AZGeek, Dec 5, 2012.

1. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, I am a tight bass freak and tend to crank up the volume.:LOL: The front passenger door speaker has succumbed to the heavy usage and I am now looking for options. The car is under warranty (only 6 months since delivery) and I will get the factory JBL speaker replaced. But I want to upgrade to a better performing speaker all around. Anyone else lose a speaker so soon or have replacement recommendations?

And, please, no lectures on listening to the music at high volume. I know what might be the next thing(s) I blow out. :p

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had MB Quart in a previous car but blew them too :D

3. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I noticed my front drivers side speaker not sounding right at times but not always. I honestly think the factory audio system is in need of replacement with some good quality components.

Mike

4. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 4 month old model 2 and my passenger side makes a whole lot of racket. It is especially noticeable when listening to talk radio. While I don't intend to keep the system stock, I will be having it fixed under warranty.