1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Milburn NJ Home Invasion

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by JMD, Jun 25, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Maybe with comments

50.0%
  1. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Depends on the system and where you live. It may deter burglars enough to pay..

JMD likes this.
  3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think an alarm system is one of the necessities of urban living. The thief may still grab what he can and run before police arrive, but it's better than not having one. A big mean dog is also an excellent deterrent.

JMD likes this.
  4. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For years, our house was occupied 7/24 except for short trips for shopping or meals out. (Late wife had a brain injury and a caregiver or myself was also there.) When she passed a couple years ago, the house was empty a lot and I installed a Frontpoint security system. (Shortly afterwards, my daughter and her family moved in and the house has been "Occupied" ever since. LOL) The Frontpoint system was easy to install and I added smoke, heat, and water sensors. I know the monitoring center is responsive from when I forgot to disable the system when I excitedly opened the garage door bringing home a new car and when the dog pushed open an unlatched door to go after a squirrel. The only complaint I have is that the quality of their GE Security components isn't really great. The base station has always been a bit flaky (garbled messages and can't disable sensors per directions) and I currently have a haunted prox sensor on one door that randomly signals open/closed when the door is closed & locked. (One more try to change the battery and position the sensor, then it gets replaced.)

JMD likes this.
  5. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    20 gauge pump action is probably the second best home invasion deterrent next to a large snarling dog.