1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mildly annoying feature with the all-season mats

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by UltraJetRefill, Oct 8, 2020.

1. UltraJetRefill

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The ones in the driver and passenger foot well have always been like this. I live in a desert, so I generally don't have to deal with snow/slush/mud on my shoes. But, I'd like to find out if anyone has done anything to fix this.

I thought of adhesive tape with Velcro on the other side, which I could then stick to the floor liner. I'd rather not do that, since I'd worry about mangling the floor liner over time.

Disclaimer: I didn't actually RTFM when I got the mats, and I do remember there is a supply of Velcro to stick a rubber mat to the back side of the back seat so it's protected with it's folded down. Maybe there are little bits of Velcro for the front mats.

[​IMG]

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Are those Toyota mats?

3. UltraJetRefill

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yep.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The set I got for our '18 does the same thing; luckily I bought them used at a fair discount.

On a related note, the 3d maxpider floor mats I got for our Clarity (forum recommendation) have to be one of the BEST aftermarket parts purchases I have ever made. (that's very high praise BTW) They are truly a custom fit, rigid but with enough flex that taking them in/out isn't a pain, and are super easy to clean. The material naturally grips the carpet that along with the OEM locking tabs and super tight fit means they don't budge at all under use. (y)(y)(y) My only "neg" is the "3D" emblem is a little too much for my taste and it's riveted.

For the gen 3:

#4 fotomoto, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    UltraJetRefill likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah you're right. Back in 2010 Toyo's all-weather mats didn't have a lip,

Seems like whoever's making their mats, the material is not sturdy enough. Chalk it up to experience and get something else, WeatherTech's or whatever?

UltraJetRefill likes this.
  6. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For the driver’s side you are supposed to remove any carpet mats and use the fasteners with the all weather mat.

672C078F-352F-4660-8100-EB5FB4AAC3D8.jpeg

7. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In my car, the passenger side all-weather mat tends to slide forward rather than toward the seat like yours. If they made with fasteners like the driver's side, the problem would be solved. But since it has no fastener, I just readjust the mat position from time to. So far no problem with the rip being crushed. I actually have an extra OEM mat from my previous car.