1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mileage and performance bumps at 200 miles? 1000?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveSheremata, Feb 2, 2006.

1. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi folks.
    Well, my first 10 days with the Prius have been awesome. I've read a lot of threads where fuel economy seems to increase at 1000 miles, and I can't wait.
    I did observe that at 200 miles the performance of the car dramatically improved, almost immediately after a restart - has anyone else noticed this? I know it's not in my head because my girlfriend said it out loud before I did, although I had meant to ask her about it.

I'm sure it's possible that the computer has been set to assist wear in with limitations and tweaks up to ceertain mileage numbers - does anyone know if this is true? Any extra information?

Thanks!
    Dave

2. Syngefinger

Syngefinger New Member

Hi Dave and welcome to PriusChat. I just purchased my Prius 3 weeks ago and also noticed an increase in MPG's at 200 miles and also around the 500 mile plateau. I know nothing on the technical aspects of the Prius but the MPG increase plateaus must be programmed into the car. Perhaps some of the very knowledgeable persons on this site can provide more insight into this phenomenon?

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member