1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mileage count since last refill on Consumption Screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by outsidethebox, Aug 13, 2010.

1. outsidethebox

outsidethebox New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a 2009 Prius (purchased in March of '09) - working just fine - 58.6 mpg:).

Each time that I have gone to purchase gas, I have not pushed the reset button on the Consumption screen as I have wanted to keep a running average for mpg. However, the miles driven count since the last refill automatically goes back to 0 (again on the Consumption Screen) and then starts a new count. This is helpful as I know how many miles I have driven since the last refill. Today, however, I purchased fuel and the count did not revert to 0. Has a sensor been damaged? Is there anything I can or should do? I know I could press the Reset button but that would be a last resort. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? Thanks so much.

Mary

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Any chance you put less than 3 gallons in it? Toyota admits it can 'miss' a fillup of less than 3 gallons.

1 person likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my 08 has failed to reset a handfull of times in 3 years. never put less than 6 or 7 gallons in. no idea why it happens, but it always works again for quite a while until the next time. i reset mine manually if it doesn't do it automatically so i always notice.

1 person likes this.
  4. outsidethebox

outsidethebox New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bill was $6.50 so that must have been the problem. That's fine as long as I know and it will work again properly. Thanks so very much.

Go Prius:cheer2:!

Mary

5. outsidethebox

outsidethebox New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have the feeling that it was because of the under 3 gallon input, but still am relieved to know that in any case it should right itself. I do not want to press the reset button as I have a 58.6 average mpg and I am shooting for 60. Don't want to waste all of the effort that it has taken to get to this point...:eek:

Thanks.

Mary