1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mileage dropped almost 8 mpg after software reinstalled

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by davyk, Aug 18, 2006.

1. davyk

davyk New Member

I'm sure this has already been asked and answered but I couldn't find it while searching.

I have a 2005 prius with about 51k (I know, I drive a lot). I finally got my car in for the two recalls (gearbox and software reinstallation). After they completed the work, I noticed that I am not getting close to 8 miles per gallon worse than I did before.

I assumed when they reinstalled the software that the software would have to relearn my driving habits. If this is the case, I assume others have run into this as well. Can anyone tell me how long I am going to have to wait to get my mileage back to what it was previously? (48-50 mpg)?

Thanks a lot....Dave

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1. Check the air in your tires.
    2. Did it get a lot hotter where you are around the time of the service?

3. davyk

davyk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richard schumacher @ Aug 18 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]305682[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for responding....

I always check the air and I usually keep the air pressure in the tires around 40 pounds.

It has been a hot summer so far but it was also pretty hot last summer when I was getting around 50 mpg on my trips.

The mileage literally dropped off dramatically right after they applied the fix for the Prius stalling.

Dave

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No difference in my fuel economy after the reflash

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    it should take 40-50 miles or so for the car to 'relearn' your driving habits.