1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mileage so far

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by triumph1, May 22, 2008.

1. triumph1

triumph1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    412--------------8.5
    432 -------------8.6
    420--------------9.0
    446.8-----------9.2
    468.1------------9.6
    Changed to Amsoil SSO 0w-30. 2K miles.
    500.5------------9.05

Stock tires 43psi.

Not sure if it's the Amsoil, the weight of the oil, or the fact that it is just synthetic, but I'm happy. :dance:

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Very nice numbers! How many pips are left on your display before you fill up? I always fill up when I see two pips and I've never put in more than 8 gallons at a time.

3. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    sadly lately I have been filling up every time I see a deal (like there are any deals!) The last time I put gas in it bought 5 gallons. almost 300 miles. That means I think almost 60mpg evn tho the display said 53....

It seems the more miles on the car the better the mpg gets. I am at 4000 miles now. Back up to 52 after about 50 miles of driving the full tank.

4. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    my monitor says 47.7, however, i have averaged 53 mpg based on miles driven divided by fuel intake, and this was averaged for the last 10+ times i've added fuel.

on an interesting note, people have said that the monitor is very accurate, but i've noticed it to be quite a few numbers off. has this been the shared experience?

i brought my car in for an alignment check and the dealer says that my mpg is very exceptional...............but i see the numbers claimed here and i'm just a lead footer! my rep told me that the AVERAGE mpg of the prius owners is anywhere between 35-44. so, with that in mind, i think i'm doing ok. it's just sometimes when i look at what others are getting, i get a bit fumed and say "what am i doing wrong????"

my soapbox..........................:rolleyes:

5. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    whichever way, i'm glad we all drive the most fuel efficient latest-production car.

i'm very happy i made this decision just about 2-3 months ago. also, i'm very grateful for this site which allows me to know more about my car than i would ever imagine.

cheers.

6. triumph1

triumph1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine always seems to be overstating mileage by 2 mpg, but I think the worst I've gotten with real world calculations is 48mpg. It does seem to be getting better with every tank. My commute is 86 miles roundtrip, with most one lane, hilly, country roads, some city, and a few flats. Even in stop and go traffic, as long as I'm light on the gas and don't go over 20 mph, the ICE doesn't come on.

I've been driving around 20 miles after the flashing Pip.