1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mileage with new ComfortTreds

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by chimohio, Nov 28, 2006.

1. chimohio

chimohio New Member

Well, I upgraded to the Goodyear ComfortTred 195/60/15 last Friday.
    Staring with a full tank, I drove to the northside of Detroit yesterday and back today for a total of 241 miles. Most of the miles were at 65 mph plus. Got home and put 4.15 gallons in the car (even after adding a little more after the pump stopped - I know I shouldn't) I didn't verify it but had Goodyear bring the tires to 40/38 psi (F/R).

This comes out to be 58 mpg :lol: - if I take into account the different tire size with a actually distance of 238, I still end up with 57.5 mpg. I know this was a first test, but...

I am driving to my inlaws in Zion, IL (north of Chicago) Thursday and coming back on Sunday for about 700 miles altogether. It will be interesting see what I get then.

2. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius biker @ Nov 28 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]355041[/snapback]</div>
    But you will be driving right into the teath of a 30 degree cold snap. Do not think the long drive will be a good test.