1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

miles per gallon

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by todabnrn, Jan 23, 2011.

1. todabnrn

todabnrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Tonight will be my first fill up. Where in the MID does the prius figure your mpg.? I can manually figure the mpg but I thought the car does it for you.

thanks

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    At the bottom of any display other than Energy Monitor, in the middle of the screen, is CONS for consumption. This is the calculated MPG. Do a manual calculation for several fillups, compare to the displayed and then determine the error for your car. Most reported here have the display being about 5% high.

3. mikewithaprius

mikewithaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you reset it for individual trips on a daily basis it won't tell you, so yeah just calculate.

I'll just chirp in to say don't forget to hold down the ODO button to reset trip A or B (whichever one you're on) for next time. I only mention cause I'm the one who usually forgets until a mile down the road :)

4. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Please read the user manual. You will find instructions to cycle the display so that it shows the MPG. The DISP button on the wheel. Good Luck