1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Millenium Silver and dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cpwaites, Mar 22, 2005.

1. cpwaites

cpwaites New Member

Prius has some great colors, though silver is not my favorite. That would probably be salsa red. I opted for silver to get the charcoal interior, which was more important to me.

That said, since I got it I have washed regularly myself as I tried to learn how to do more to properly care for the paint. Today I broke down and took it to a pro. WOW! It really "pops" as they say in the photo world. I didn't know it could look that good. I hated to pay for something I should be able to do myself butI have to say it was worth it. And I had the fun of wowing the guys at the detail shop (See, it has two motors . . .).

Wave if you see me. I'm the one with a dino on the dashboard. My dinosaur loving kids have dubbed it Priustoric, and I am playing along. I know Priustoric has another meaning, but I was trying to explain "Prius" and made the mistake of saying "like in prehistoric." I don't guess a dashboard adornment means this should go in the appearance mod section, does it?

2. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hello,

I felt the same way you did about silver... before I got my car that is. Now I am quite in love with everything about her including her color.

I have also humbled myself before the car cleaning gods and am washing her once a week and waxing as well once a month. I have even taken to carrying a soft cloth and mild pre-treated cleaning cloths with me whereever I go should a soiling emergency occur.

I also have a small spray bottle of plain old water in my rear cubby for interior spot cleaning should the need arise. I can only wonder what I would feel the need to carry should I have ended up with the light ivory interior and not the grey.

The only downside that I have found with my newfound cleanliness need where my car is concerned is that now my husband is expecting me to wash and detail his car whenever I do my own. He pulled the "guilts" on me by noting that when I wash my car his got spotted by overspray. So now I am having to wash his Pathfinder as well.

(Boy, I can hardly wait until they have 4wd hybrids so that we can be a two hybrid family. I am currently working on him to get another Prius 1st or 2nd generation used for his commuter car.)

I must say that the car looks good under ordinary circumstances and looks spectacular when it is freshly washed, tire dressed and detailed.

Silver rocks!

Take care,

Tisza

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cpwaites\";p=\"74729)</div>
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great nickname!

4. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got the silver because I like shiney cars and the grey interior. I rented a gold (driftwood I think) Prius for two weeks due to a previous accident and the tan (ivory) interior was a nightmare.
    However, at a recent Prius meetup here in Chicago, the Tideland Pearl owned by our local PC guru was just plain beautiful. Sometimes slate gray, sometimes kinda green; all depended on the light. But that tan interior is, for me, a deal breaker.

5. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Also, don't forget that the hood is aluminum... which looks silver.

So late in life when the paint is chipping off, no one will notice!

6. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've had silver cars before and always thought silver was an"easy to take car of" paint and doesn't show imperfections, nicks,scratches ect. But I HAD to have the darker interior so silver it was!

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK silver rocks. I got silver because my previous car was dark green and it was awful in the summer and that is in the Pacific Northwest were summer is moderate with temps in the mid 70's and low humidity. I hated it and I wanted a car to reflect the light.

8. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We got silver, cause that's what the dealer had.
    I said, looks good to me! Our only preference was not white.
    So silver it was, and I do like it over the other available colors.
    If we get a 2nd one though, we'd have to change our preference to not white, and not silver. You just can't have his and her cars of the same color!

BTW, I had my first oops today. I backed out of the garage and didn't swing it fast enough and I bumped our Grand Am. Yikes. It popped part of the bumper free on the left side. It pushed right back in like a lego! No scratches either, as I bumped the part of the Grand Am covered by a leather bra. Whew...

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    cpwaites;

im glad you are happy with your results. i also did the paint seal and fab protection. and yes, they do do a good job.

10. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Given Toyota's excellent engineering and development group, it makes sense that they don't have a clue regarding color combinations. Who in their right mind would mix brown with blue? Come one! I would have been happy to have the blue exterior if it came with a corresponding blue or gray interior. Alas, the only option was brown, so that was out the door. Also, the green is a wonderful exterior color, except for the brown interior. Again, another good candidate for a gray interior offering. And red with brown. Red with gray is striking.

In other words, I would have been happy with just about any of the alternate colors they offered if the interior had been available in gray or a matching color. So, I got silver over gray. I have received many compliments. Not a bad choice for a perennial blue car driver.