1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Millenium Silver or Tideland Pearl

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ekc, Sep 25, 2004.

1. ekc

ekc New Member

Does anyone have these colors? I like the idea of the Gray interior on the Silver. Tideland looks strange on the color chart.

How do they look in real life? Thanks.

2. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, color is really a matter of taste. I hope you can find some actual cars to compare.

I have a friend who owns a Tideland. The only time it looks at all green is when the sky is bright but overcast. The rest of the time it's gunmetal gray. It does not look at all like the color on the chart. Some people care for it a lot, but I can't say I do.

3. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the silver, and I like it a lot. It reminds me of a Buck Rodgers spaceship sometimes. (I have a creative imagination.)
    I also love the Tideland. A friend at work has one, and I think it's beautiful. Classy.
    I'd be happy with either one.

4. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was planning to buy Tideland Pearl or Jade Green in Japan.
    But I bought Silver.. because it wont show much dirt on the car :roll:
    If I buy another Pruis? I choose Tideland Pearl,

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have the Silver and I love it. The Tideland is a chameleon green not green gray and not gray. I do like the gray interior and the fabric is very forgiving!!! I spilled a drop of coffee on my seat. Yes we drink coffee in the Pacific Northwest. I roast my own beans. None of that Starbucks shlock for me. I used some bottled water and a paper towel and it was removed!!! Great fabric.

6. bookrats

bookrats New Member

When I first started investigating the Prius, I had the silver in mind (and also because I heard it was the most common color made, and hence easier to come by.)

However, after seeing them in person, I thought the color sort of dull (personal opinion.) So I started looking at the other colors, and green is a favorite of mine.

Important note: as others have said, the Tideland Pearl color on the Toyoto Prius color chart isn't even close -- way too green. It's a grayish gunmetal green, that is greyer in low light, olive-greenish in strong light.

Good news: I love the Tideland Pearl color. My favorite by far.

There's been a lot of PriusChat threads on the Tideland Pearl color, with pictures. Also, two sites with great hi-res photos:

7. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    EKC... on the Tideland... you really have to see it in person... Jeff, Bookrats, has a couple good pictures on the sites he showed you... check with dealers in your area....is there a club close to you, if so check if a member has one... look at the cars on eBay.. ii's a neat color... but hard to explain.. it was my first choice, but a Driftwood came in first... I love mine...

Bob Andersen

8. peart75

peart75 New Member

bookrats, thanks for posting my pictures =]

as for tideland pearl, i usually describe it as a steel green.

-drew

9. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have the silver and like it alot too. However it does look a little dull especially after a few days of not being weashed. However i really wanted the darker interieor since our cars get ALOT of use and was worried about the ivory interior showing its age and dirt quickly. I wish they had a darker interior with more colors as i won't buy a white or black car.

10. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    peart75, The reason Bookrats posted a link to your album is that they are some spectacular pictures! Everytime I want to show people my car, I link them to your album. So I suppose I owe you a 'thanks'.

With that said, EKC, it happened again last night. I was at a friend's house and a guy asked to see my car he'd heard so much about. As we were walking out, with the sun on the horizon, the frist thing he said was "that's a great color." Nine times out of ten, when I'm showing someone my car they compliment the color. It's just weird that I want to show them the geek toys and they're talking about the color. Not bad considering that Tideland was not my original choice.

11. ekc

ekc New Member

Those two links were Great! I printed out some of the shots just to be able to dream aboout my car since I know I won't get it soon...I hear I'm 4th on the list. The only color that I really don't want is black, because I don't want to have something that shows the dirt so much. I also have white on my three color hope list which won't show dirt so much. I should be able to get a lot more exercise when I get it, due to parking it in the next county at stores so no one will hurt it....my last car had a shopping cart/door dent after having it for two days...

12. ekc

ekc New Member

What do 'points' mean under your name? Thank you.

13. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I had an enlightening experience last week. I was 2nd on my dealer's list and he was having trouble contacting the person ahead of me about a Prius he'd just been allocated. So he called me to see if I'd be interested in it even though it was not one of the colors I said I wanted.

That's when it really hit me: just about any color Prius is great.

So I said yes, but wouldn't you know, he did get hold of the other guy. I'm still waiting but it won't be for much longer. I have no idea what color it will be but I'm sure I'll love it.

14. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekc\";p=\"41786)</div>
    Remember S&H Green Stamps?

15. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekc\";p=\"41785)</div>
    Tideland is a dark color but I think that dirt won't show as bad as the black... may not 'change' color as quickly if it is dirty.. maybe that is why the car changes from green to gray... thought white was just a plain color... but have seen a few Prii in white and they don't look bad... guess it's the design of the car...

As for the points... I was told but will have to look at Dannys post, as I have forgotten :oops:

I'll pass some of mine on to you....haha

16. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(10132003\";p=\"41792)</div>
    Remember S&amp;H Green Stamps?[/b][/quote]
    Except that you can't buy anything with PriusChat points. (Except the undying respect of your fellow PriusChatters. :mrgreen:)

17. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    *Any* color? I turned down white, and I'm glad I did.

18. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Silver, silver, silver. I rented a gold with the tan interior for 2weeks and the its just too light; shows all the dirt. The gray interior works perfectly; not too dark to get too hot in the summer and light enough so it doesnt show all the dirt and dust.
    Had a 1989 Honda Accord SEI with gray leather and that was even better. Since then had two Acuras; 1996 Legend and 1999 RL, both with tan leather; never again. Give me gray or give me,,,,,well you get the idea.

19. bwalkhouse

bwalkhouse New Member

I ordered my Millenium Silver after checking out a Prius with the ivory interior. I have three teenaged girls and a black lab. So for me, the grey interior became necessary. That ivory interior would get dirty and aslo really show the black hair that "Pepper" loves to shed!!

I am happy with my Silver Prius. The color suits the technically laden nature of my ride.

Having said that, I would prefer the Tideland if it came with the grey interior. It's my favorite exterior color by far. Complexity for a complex car.

20. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Why, that's how many points you have. The more points you have the higher your point count. And the higher your point count, of course, the larger the number of points in your points collection. :lol: OK, enough with the round speaking.

The more you post, the higher your point count. I was thinking the other day that perhaps you earn more points when you start a thread versus posting a reply. That was a couple days ago. I haven't yet gotten around to testing that hypothesis. In my mind, points are there for the giving. And those people with extremely high point counts just aren't givers.

For your question, I will give you 25 points. :)