1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Millennium Silver BC/05Mar2004/Tysons Toyota

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Chimera, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Chimera

Chimera New Member

Date Ordered: 05 Mar 2004
    Dealer: Tysons Toyota, McLean VA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 4 to 6 mos.
    Color: Millennium Silver
    Option Package: BC
    # on Dealer's Waiting List: 125 are in front of me

2. Chimera

Chimera New Member

On my way out to Loudoun County last week I spotted a car carrier with several Priuses parked in front of Tysons Toyota. There were three or four on board but they were all black.

3. Medved

Medved New Member

I just don't see how 47,000 cars are going to be enough per year! 125 people on ONE waiting list at ONE dealership in the whole country! If you considered that there were at least 1000 dealership across the US with a similar wait, that would be 125,000 cars.

They are really going to need to crank up production!

4. Chimera

Chimera New Member

Got a call from my dealership today. My salesman is "no longer with the company" . . . hmmm.

The list is up to ~180. . . . Not encouraging.

5. Chimera

Chimera New Member

So my salesman, Rick Rothschild left Koons Tysons Toyota to go back to his previous job, as a lawyer. I find it odd that he chose the two most hated professions.

Just to confirm that the dealership still had my order and it didn't disappear with my salesman, I called to check up on it today. I was directed to the Inventory Manger, who confirmed that they had my order (Yea).

While I had him on the line, I hit him up with the usual barrage of questions we are accustomed to asking dealers: how long is your waiting list, how many prius do you get in per month, etc. The inventory manager gave me direct answers to these questions without the ususal hesitation, although they were different than the info from my salesman.
    I was told there is a waiting list of 78 for the Prius at Tysons Toyota and that they get about 20 BC packages of assorted colors in each month. I prefer these numbers over the ones I received previously, but I don't really know what to believe any more. . .

6. tag

tag Senior Member

Is "20 BC packages....each month" a typo? I mean, they have 78 on their list and are getting 20 BC's per month? Should that be 20 Prius total? Or, perish the thought, 2 BC's per month?

7. tag

tag Senior Member

Wait, I just noticed, in an earlier post, you indicated there are about 180 on the waiting list. The 20 BC's per month still seems huge, though.

8. Chimera

Chimera New Member

Did another dealership drive-by on the way to work today. I can't help myself. They were unloading more priuses this morning. I don't know what packages they were, but I spotted a black, a driftwood and a seaside pearl. No Silver :cry:

Who are the lucky winners?!?! :mrgreen:

9. jkaplan

jkaplan New Member

I got a call from my salesman down there last week telling me that I was next in line for a white package #7 if I wanted it. It wasn't one of my color choices, so I passed. So, they are moving through the list.

10. Chimera

Chimera New Member

They are moving through the list. I am now 49th on the list by order date(from 125 over the past 2 months) and 12th on the list for silver. It looks like they receive ~38 cars/month, so it doesn't look like May will be my month. This dealership will receive their next allocation lists on 05May and 19May.

11. ryanl

ryanl New Member

Any update?

Chimera -- Just curious if you have talked to them lately to see where you are on the list.

I want to call, but I dread doing so. You put your order in a day or two before me for the same color and package. :)

Thanks,
    Ryan