1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Millennium Silver | Package #9 | 11/10/2003 | Oshkosh, WI

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by hoferchr, Jan 30, 2004.

1. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Date Ordered: November 10, 2003
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Bergstrom Toyota - Oshkosh, WI
    Timeframe given for delivery: up to 6 months wait
    Color: Millennium Silver
    Option Package: 9
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: Don't Know

I checked in with the dealer last week, and so far there is no news about when mine will be coming in. I was told up to 6 months, but it could be earlier...like March or April.

2. N9IWP

N9IWP New Member

Oshkosh! I checked Kolosso Toyota in Appleton but didn't think of Oshkosh. I'm from the LaCrosse area but have a sister living in Menasha.
    Oh well, sounds like the place I ordered from has/ha a shorter wait list.

Brian

3. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Response to Brian

Hi Brian...

Yup...my dad had done business with a guy at Toyota in Oshkosh when we got our 4-runner, and so I went through him [Toyota guy].

My supervisor lives in West Bend, WI. I believe there is a Russ Darrow Toyota dealership there. After I ordered my Prius, he was checking them out in WB (this was maybe late November/early December). The guys in WB told my supervisor that they could guarantee delivery in 6 weeks. I don't know if they held true to that claim or not, but that's what my supervisor told me. He [my supervisor] thinks the 2004 Prius is an incredible car. He was quite impressed when he and his son took one for a test drive.

Speaking of test drives... Bergstrom in Oshkosh had just sold one before I ordered mine, so they didn't have any to test drive. So, I went up to Kolosso Toyota in Appleton to drive to Seaside Pearl one they had there (test drive vehicle only). I was real up front with them that Bergstrom didn't have one to test drive, but I wanted to take one for a spin before making my decision.

And, I have no idea where I am on the wait list. All I have heard is that there is no news on when mine will be coming in.

Chris

4. tag

tag Senior Member

Re: Response to Brian

Hi Chris!

Did you ask? I didn't ask, initially, and my dealer wasn't exactly forthcoming with information. However, when I pushed for an answer recently, I got one.

Is there any reasonable excuse for a dealer not to tell a customer where he or she is on a wait list?

5. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I haven't thought to ask where I am on the wait list. I guess I'm just kind of patient that way. Maybe I'll ask him that some time.

Thanks!

Chris

6. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The wait is almost over for me! You can see from my original posting what and when I ordered. I just recieved an e-mail from the guy I've been working with at Bergstrom Auto in Oshkosh, WI. If all goes well, the Prius should be arriving in 5 to 10 days!!! I'm pumped!!!

Chris

7. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, I may be talking to myself here, but here's an update...

My Prius is here!!! Pending the approval of my car loan from US Bank, I'll probably be picking up my Millennium Silver #9 this Friday! I can't wait!!!

Chris

8. sjr14221

sjr14221 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    congratulations! :D

I ordered Nov 1 and was told just this Saturday that I am number 6 on the list. My dealership is getting 1 vehicle a month right now, so I won't even see my car until August, at that rate!

I live in the wrong state!

9. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks! Good luck on yours!

Chris

10. tag

tag Senior Member

Congrats! :D

Please report back re your experience at the dealer.

11. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, I can already tell you that I've receieved great customer service at Bergstrom Toyota up in Oshkosh, WI! I have been very pleased with service there, and I'd highly recommend their business to anyone in the area who is looking for a car! They have a pretty good deal. They asked me for a $500 deposit on the Prius I ordered (basically to secure the order) when I ordered on November 10, 2003. Bergstrom's policy is that if, when the car actually arrives at the lot, you are not satisfied with the car, or you just don't want to make the purchase any more, you get your $500 deposit back. But, I'm definately getting the Prius!

Less that 48 hours away, and I'll be driving home in a new Prius!!!

Chris

12. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just got my Prius this evening, and it's awesome!!!! It's time to read some of the maunals on how to work the nav system!!!

Chris