1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mini E electric car foulup

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by DeanFL, Jun 5, 2009.

1. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Wonder if someone from Mini Engineering will be on the streets for this...Doh!!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------

Exclusive: Foulup may mean around-the-clock recharges for Mini E electric car drivers

The automaker has hit a glitch in distribution of high-voltage charging cables. As a result, up to 300 of the 450 customers who have taken a one-year lease on the Mini E may only be able recharge them with a standard household 110-volt wall-socket cord. That means the cars will be required to stay plugged in for 23 hours to get a full charge.... more

Exclusive: Foulup may mean around-the-clock recharges for Mini E electric car drivers - Open Road: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com

2. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    From the article:
    • Only 23 E-Mini's have been delivered so far
    • All the E-Mini's will be delivered by the end of June
    • BMW has the cables but bureaucratic red tape in some cities keeps them from being installed due to disputes about certifications
    • BMW plans to have the high voltage cables installed by the end of July
    • Customers won't be charged lease payments for their cars until the cables are installed
    So basically E-Mini lessees will get a free month of EV ownership. I would say that is a very equable solution put forth by BMW. Lessees could easily rent a car with the $850 savings from not making a lease payment

Send one to me. I'll use it for free for a month.