1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mini VIC V 8.034 problem

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Russell Walker, May 6, 2013.

1. Russell Walker

Russell Walker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Has any one got Mini Vic V 8 follewed intructions and wont read car ECUs I have selected Other region and put in the coad ect put in a other exe fine from the disc loaded the driver it seems to do some things it caused the ABS light on 2001 Prius to blink when i tried to read ABS. I have got a disc with V7 but looks a bit involved to get in going. any sugestions.. Thanks.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hi Russell,

The steps are:
    1. Install software and drivers
    2. Verify miniVCI cable is working (verify the firmware)
    3. Connect to car
    4. Start TechStream
    5. Connect to car
    6. Begin reading codes
    I'll make some screen snapshots and post them later this evening.

Bob Wilson

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Ok, here are some screen shots of what I'm using:

I'm running it under Windows XP via a 'virtual PC':
    [​IMG]
    I don't know if other windows versions work. This one does on my Mac.

Here I'm running the XHorse Firmware Update Tool and it is showing version 2.0.4:
    [​IMG]
    The XHorse updater does not actually update the firmware. I have run 1.4.7 in an earlier version with our NHW11. Check with your seller to get a copy of the updater. If this doesn't work, nothing is going to happen.

So here is the hacked Techstream, version 7.20.037. I understand there are more recent versions but this one meets my requirements:
    [​IMG]

So when connecting, the first step is showing it attempting to connect to the car:
    [​IMG]

In this case, the miniVCI is not connected to the car. However, you can see it is ready to be manually configured. Fortunately, the car will fill out most of the vehicle configuration data:
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps. I am not a Windows expert but managed to get miniVCI to work on my Mac laptop running Virtual PC, Windows XP.

Bob Wilson

4. Russell Walker

Russell Walker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks Bob, I will try it again tonight I heard back from the supllyer and he said to check in the VIM screen that it is set for XHORSE i think that is whats wrong I have it going on a Hilux at work so ill try it tonight on the old girl.

bwilson4web likes this.
  5. EddieAtl

EddieAtl HYBRIDATL

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hello there,
    Perhaps someone Can help me. Just bought a mini vic ver. 10.30.029
    How do I get the key code? is not connecting to the car. The plug is lighting up so it seems working. My xhorse firmware says is connected 1.4.1 dealer 001
    I'm clueless on the setup. Would like some assistance on how to work it out. Thank you much!
    Eddie

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The key code is contained in a txt file on the setup disk. Should be 1's & 0's and the file name is perhaps "readme.txt."

I would look it up, but can't seem to find my disk. On my disk, there was a video that walked me thru the installation process.

7. EddieAtl

EddieAtl HYBRIDATL

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hi Brian, I will check it out. If you think of something else that i might be missing...please let me know. Awesome! Appreciate the help!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.