1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Minnesota Gathering - Sat. March 20 at 3pm

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by john1701a, Mar 8, 2004.

1. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Time for another one of those coffee shop gatherings.

This one will be in the southern part of the Twin Cities, at the STARBUCKS on the corner of 494 & Penn Ave.

And on this page is a map photo from the Navigation System of that location... http://john1701a.com/prius/prius-album67.htm

Hope to see you there.

(Please RSVP if you want a copy of my entire website & Prius video collection on CD.)

2. GT

GT New Member

John,

Thanks for organizing the event. :D I'm looking forwad to meeting all the Twin-Cities Prions. I'll bring my camera.

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    http://john1701a.com/gathering.htm

Yesterday, I created that webpage above to provide gathering details and a map.

Today, I added a more precise address... as shown on a photo of the Navigation System, via the compass screen.

4. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just a reminder...

The MN gathering is tomorrow!

5. GT

GT New Member

:multi:

A great turnout for a Minnesota Pride of Prii. At one point we had eight '04s and two Classics.

See the photos in the General Section.

Thanks again John for calling the meet!

6. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yup!

Thanks for attending.

Another 2004 showed up later. A classic owner drove her traditional vehicle instead (long story). And there were at least 2 in attendance that were expecting to get their 2004 very soon... really.

And speaking of later, that's when we should have started that particular gathering. The location was way too busy at 3:00. It was standing room only, then by 4:00 we had the whole place to ourselves. But since the last of didn't leave until 6:00, it wasn't all bad. I got several compliments about finding that southern location, so we'll have to better time it next time.

We had fun regardless.

And they'll get much better as time goes on. That nasty cold wind made standing out by the cars all too brief. The summer gatherings offer far more opportunity.

Anywho, I only had a single regret. People now want copies of my entire website on CD. In the past, that wasn't the case. So once I get all caught up on logs & photos, I'll offer the postal-mail opportunity again. Patience for now.

Gatherings of any type are enjoyable. When warm outside, I have lots of spontaneous ones... at stoplights, in parking lots, at the gas station. Basically, anything that provides the opportunity to share real-world info in person is great. I'm really looking forward to that type of activity resuming.

The plan is continue setting up gatherings of some sort once a month. I'd like to take advantage of a park sometime, barbeques are always worthwhile. The point is to let owners, those waiting for delivery, and those just curious to stop by when they want for as long as they want. Parks & Coffee Shops provide that kind of flexibility.

I hope to see more at the next gathering, but I know that won't last for too long. After awhile, Prius becomes so normal of a vehicle that participation online ends for many. Seeing less and less Classics is proof of that... which makes me wonder what kind of influence that has. Those owners simply won't settle for anything less. Their support for hybrids will be almost fanatical, settling for nothing less with future purchases. And of course, their friends & family will witness firsthand how pleasing of an ownership experience Prius actually is.

Needless to say, at the gathering I was encouraged share all my observations, in full. So I tend to do the same online. (Scary, eh? They encouraged me!)

Hope to see you at the next.