1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Minor MFD changes in 2005

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Rickster, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Rickster

Rickster Junior Member

Found a couple of things that didn't jive with descriptions I'd heard online, so I may as well share them in case anyone's interested:

I believe I've heard others complain about how the display always switches back to Energy or Consumption (or Navigation if you have it) after a while instead of letting it stay on other things. On my 2005 (package "#0") there's an option for that under Info > Screen Setting. So when I'm listening to the radio, I can leave the Audio screen up and have the RDS info just a glance away. (Or a few glances, if one hears a new song by the Presidents... of the... United... States... of... America... and just wants to know what the title is already!)

Also, instead of greying out the MSG button on the radio screen when you're moving, as I've heard it described, my Prius does something even dumber -- you go to the message screen but shows "No message while driving for safety." You know, that message is about as long as the messages it's supposedly distracting for it to show me. And I could read it a lot faster all at once instead of in eight-character segments... I swear, Toyota had good human factors engineers on everything but the software.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rickster\";p=\"45951)</div>
    That's old and has been an option since the very first Prii off the trucks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rickster\";p=\"45951)</div>
    That sucks :cussing: :cussing:

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, I hate the "no messages while driving" thing. Is that to say that if I want to know the new song I'm listening to I have to pull over? That has always annoyed me.

Several years back, 1991, I was driving in Maine and saw a sign explaining in great detail the levels of fines for speeding. Every five MPH over the posted limit, if I remember correctly, invoked a higher level of fines. All this was posted on a very large sign which I passed and read on a tree-lined, no shuulder, single-lane road at 55MPG.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"46021)</div>
    Haha, MPG. I think you meant MPH there, Tony!

:lol:

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Force of habit. :)

However. . ., I might have used the time machine I have yet to build out of my Prius:
    "The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style."
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious sh**."

6. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My 2004 purchased in July 04 also has the" no msg avl while driving" warning/message.