1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Misplaced fob, kept driving anyway

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nmrickie, Jun 27, 2005.

1. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Today I was running some errands with my son. We stopped several places and he waited in the car ('05 w/SKS).

At the last place we got out and I pushed to black button to lock the door, but it wouldn't. Heard the long beep, thought one of the doors was not shut all the way. After checking all the doors, still wouldn't lock. Went to grab the fob to try it, wasn't in my pocket. So I figured it dropped out of my pocket and wouldn't lock because the fob was inside the car (nice feature).

Looked all over in the car, couldn't find the fob. We were in a parking lot in the hot sun, so I decided to drive it home and search more thoroughly in the shade. Car started fine, so I knew the key had to be in there somewhere.

Driving down the street I saw something out of the corner of my eye. The fob was bouncing around under the wiper on the OUTSIDE of the windshield. We immediately stopped and retrieved it.

Turns out my son had placed it there when he went to get something out of the car. I had never noticed that I left the house without the fob. We drove all over town like that.

We were lucky!

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    lucky lucky lucky!!

still pretty funny though...