1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Missing fuses ??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Robwan, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Robwan

Robwan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Four
    Yesterday I noticed all of the bulbs in the driver's side headlamp assembly were out. I looked at the fuse box diagram and 2 of the fuses were missing! Is it possible for the manual and lid of the box to be wrong? I don't have a lot of experience. I bought the wrong type of fuses, dropped the puller in the engine, bought a yellow one I can't use so things aren't looking great. Suggestions?

2. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's normal with all cars to have "missing" fuses. The fusebox is designed to support many different option configurations. Each of these options requires one or more fuses. You can tell if a fuse is truly missing by looking into the empty slot to see if there are metal connectors present inside. Most likely, if you shine a flashlight into these empty spots, you'll see there is not metal inside there, so there's nothing for a fuse to protect or even connect to.

Regarding your headlight assembly, you can begin with the fuses but it sounds like it's a bulb that's out. When you say "all the lights are out" what exactly does that mean? Like the left side headlight/high beam? Headlight only? Headlight and turn signal?