1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Missing Owners Manual

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Lola'05, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Lola'05

Lola'05 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have always kept the owners manual in the glove compartment. After the last time I took Lola for regular service, the manual was missing. I called the dealership, hoping they would offer to make it right. But no such luck. They gave me a phone number to order a new manual at the cost of $22.00. Certainly didn't seem fair to me. Then I called Toyota in California and explained the situation. They stepped up and are sending me a replacement at no charge. Yeah, Toyota.
    This is not the first time I have been disappointed with my local dealership- Conicelli, Springfield,PA. Seems like the service writer doesn't know what he is doing and he lies about services performed. Next time, I will certainly avoid him and willingly wait for another service writer. If there was another dealership within a comfortable distance, I would change.

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yes, not all toyota dealerships were created equal.

in my town of Lansing, MI my toyota dealership had very good customer relations and was awarded the right to sell Lexus many years ago.

however, an hour away in Grand Rapids, MI, the toyota dealership there had poor service so Lexus there are sold at a Cadillac dealership instead that had better customer satisfaction.

I think BMW did the same thing with Mini by only selecting the dealership with the best service and were in large cities.

That toyota dealer in PA that screwed you over probably doesn't think screwing 1 customer is a big deal. But their poor customer service will end up hurting them in the long run, so don't sweat it, lucky for you the prius is fairly low maintenance.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Lola, regular service consists of oil & filter changes and tire rotations. You can buy a quantity of Toyota air filters on line at about half price and anyone can do an oil change. IMO it's time to find another mechanic.

4. Lola'05

Lola'05 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I do agree with you.