1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Missing something? HU trim...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mschul, Nov 7, 2011.

1. mschul

mschul Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm working on a project, and I figured for cheap sake, I'd run a test subject through this Metra 99-8226B, and then move up to the toyota unit to make it look nice and matchy and what not.

Basically I'm mounting a 9" screen to the rear of the trim and then hooking it up to car pc- got sick of trying these chinese units that didn't really do what I want to do.
    So the metra fit almost perfectly, and by that I mean the opening from the back was about 8" wide and 4 5/32" tall, almost perfect for a 9" 16:9 screen. So then I get the toyota part, 55405-47080, and the width is slightly less, which works, but the height is just less then 4". I'd assume to be correct the toyota part is 200mm x 100mm...

Anyways- why? What is the metra piece modeled after if it's not the same as the toyota? The metra piece fits great for my needs, but it really looks different enough that I know it'll bug me, but the toyota part is too small for my needs. An 8" fits better height wise, but length wise is too short.

Any insight?

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Dimensions are 100x180 vs 100x200 I believe. Metra and Scosche pieces are made for aftermarket Double Dins, the Toyota piece is for it's European Nav Units (non US). Sometime the fillers linked below are used in conjuction with 55405-47080 to match color and texture. They are listed for a dfferent vehicle with Toyota, but work. Not sure that helps with your project, but that is the insight you were looking for.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...144908.html?highlight=86221-52050#post1144908

3. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I looked at this before I got the Flyaudio.

What screen did you find? I also wanted the 9" 16:9 widescreen in a capacitive touch screen. I found one but lost the link.

I couldn't wait any longer and couldn't pass up the price and time savings for the Flyaudio instead.

But I really want you to succeed and get this working.:rockon: