1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Misty Gray Leather Interior

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by LCBlue, Aug 29, 2010.

1. LCBlue

LCBlue New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello everyone, long time listener, first time caller . . .

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new 2010 Toyota Prius IV on Long Island, NY. I'd really like the Blizzard Pearl with Misty Gray leather interior. I went to the dealer today and he told me that Misty Gray isn't even an option anymore. All they have is Bisque and "Gray" (which was the dark gray). I'm reluctant to believe him and explained I've seen Misty Gray as an option on Toyota's website as well as in forums and he said sometimes they are all inaccurate and the color had been discontinued. Can anyone shed some light on this? Has anyone gotten the Misty Gray leather interior lately?
    Thanks!

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My guess is he doesn't have that color in stock or available on incoming 2010 cars, so he's trying to sell what he has. Call me a cynic. ;)

Have you tried another dealer?

3. LCBlue

LCBlue New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    He definately didn't have any in stock and when I asked if he'd be getting any is when he told me that Bisque and Gray were the only options coming from the factory. I am trying other dealers but haven't heard back from them yet. . .

If Misty Gray is indeed not available Bisque is probably my second choice but I'm concerned about how it will hold up. Any opinions on this or other things I should consider?
    Thanks again everyone!

4. sdetweil

sdetweil New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just bought a trim II Blizzard White with Misty Grey leather.. marked as distributor installed options.. (I would have preferred the darker grey, but they didn't have any)..

Sam

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Misty Gray is the best interior color of the three so do your best to get it and don't settle for your second choice or you'll always regret it. Unfortunately, Misty Gray is rare and dealers don't have choices on what get allocated to a specific region so you'll have to look extra hard.

6. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a blizzard pearl with misty. It wasn't my 1st choice, I wanted the dark gray instead. With the blizzard pearl the misty interior looks really washed out. I like the misty in dark colored cars and like the 2 tone interior. But, with the blizzard pearl I don't think it looks good at all on a light colored car. I would go with the bisque if you want a light colored interior.

7. Goodair

Goodair New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The dark gray is really not that dark. The misty is too light IMO.

8. robertk328

robertk328 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That's what I thought as well so went with dark grey. With an 8 month old son and a dog, the darker color seemed like it would last longer (ie less likely to show stains). We'll see.

9. Dominic

Dominic New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i bought the barcellona red with bisque leather interior. I was not interested in the dark leather since i know from experience how HOT leather can get when the car is parked under the sun and you sit down with shorts on or something... not pleasant.

either way, i think that with the solar panel and the fan, it may not be such a huge issue anymore.

i find that the bisque is a little hard to clean (had a black spot on the leather on the door) but i didn't think it attracted dust/dirt more than any other color...

up to you!

10. sdetweil

sdetweil New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am in Texas.. lately with 104-106 temps, EVERYTHING is hot!

Sam

11. paulh

paulh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Got my Prius IV with Misty Gray leather seats two weeks ago. Winter gray for exterior. Sharp colors.

12. priuspamcakes

priuspamcakes New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

we just purchased our first Prius this weekend. we went into the dealership "just to look" and kill some time before another appt. well, long story short, we test drove a base model and loved it. but then we decided to check out the models with the sun roofs and of course fell in love with the whole nav package and the misty gray leather. so, bottom line...don't settle for anything less than what you want. any dealership worth their salt will be able to order what you want.

13. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Have you seen the misty grey yet in leather in person. It looks great don't get me wrong but it is quite light in color, so see it in person before diving in and purchasing it. Also, sometimes on a light color exterior, a darker interior looks better than light outside and inside. Just something to think about and check out. I'm not saying I don't like the color combination or not to get it...

14. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Dealers do not always have all available options from which to preference. For example, in Southern California a dealer can't preference a V with no ATP as they're not allocated to the region at all (at least used to) and they'd have to acquire one at the port en route to other regions or from other dealers.

I don't know if there are any regions where Misty Gray isn't allocated to at all, but even here they're available in limited quantity. However, a good dealer should be able to put in the extra effort to obtain one at the port or via other non-traditional means.

1 person likes this.
  15. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  16. robby818

robby818 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I got blizzard/misty gray. Just wanted to add that the misty gray has a touch of green in it..it's not just gray like ash gray (interior color in the camry or avalon if I recall). Not too worried about the dirt factor bec. I have had light colored interiors on my cars the past and they looked fine even after 15 years of use. I am extra careful though when exiting the car so I don't mark up the door panel with my shoes. That's about it.

I thought interior color would be a big issue for me, but quite frankly I think I like all three colors and probably would have been happy with any of them.

17. Donzi

Donzi New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

18. Lottamoxie

Lottamoxie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have bisque interior color now in my Saab and aside from some cracked leather on the driver's seat, the leather looks clean, nearly 13 yrs later, and that's even having had a big dog riding in the car during her 11 yrs on this earth.

I plan to get light colored leather in my next car (which will be a Prius) and it will most likely be the misty grey. Although in the summer I will put on a cover on the driver's seat because OUCH with the NC temps and leather.

19. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My first post here, as I've now gotten used to my 2010 Prius after 1.5 weeks of ownership. My previous car was a 2004 Camry SE that was black with tan seats. I have a black dog that sheds and have thought that cloth was easier to clean then leather. When I was finalizing my decision on a Prius, I just thought the options of the model IV where worth it (the dealership I bought from had a couple V models that were cheaper, but I really wanted the sun roof). I had an option of getting a black III model with tan seats and a solar roof....but I wanted to gift myself with leather seats and a homelink mirror. The two IV models that had a sunroof where both Blizzard Pearl: one had a dark gray interior, while the other had misty gray. I decided to go misty gray and do not regret it for a second. On my trip back down to Atlanta (bought the car in Asheville), I tried using my former pet cover on the back seat. My dog quickly was able to get the old cover to slide off the seat: his hair got around and there where a couple paw stains. Once we got home, I found that cleaning the back seat was a piece of cake though...the leather is easy to wipe clean, and the black dog hair doesn't get ingrained into the seat the way cloth does. I've still bought a replacement pet cover now, though, so that it will be even easier to keep the backseat clean. I personally like the misty gray the best because its two tone.

Maybe color options really depend on region: The IV models that had a sunroof were both blizzard pearl at my dealership: many of the other IV models had a red exterior. The two V models they had both had bisque interiors and sandy beach exteriors. I personally like the two tone contrasts of a blizzard pearl with solar roof exterior....complimented by two tone misty gray inside.

20. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The human color perception works in a funny way. Never thought of Misty Gray as green/dark purple :p I'd describe it as very light gray with charcoal accenting.

I notice many people go for darker interior colors just so they can clean less. Maybe it won't be too bad with the vinyl-coated leather, but dirt and oil are extremely detrimental to leather and it'll be much worse in the long term as it'll lead to cracking, etc.

My Misty Gray interior looks just as clean at 15,000 miles as it did at 15 miles, and I can't seem to get it dirty either.