1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My first Mobileye experience was dynamic cruise control in a 2014 BMW i3-REx. Other than sensitivity to overhead signs on overpasses and low sun angles, it was brilliant. My 2017 BMW i3-REx has traditional cruise control. At one time, Mobileye had been considered competition to AutoPilot. But things are changing:
    Intel (INTC) Is Considering Options for Its Stake in Mobileye - Bloomberg

Intel Corp. is considering options for its stake in its struggling automated driving systems provider Mobileye Global Inc. as part of a major strategy overhaul, people with knowledge of the matter said. Shares of Mobileye fell to a record low.

The chipmaker could offload some of its 88% holding in Mobileye on the public market or via a sale to a third party, according to the people, who asked not to be identified because the information was private. Mobileye has a board meeting later this month in New York, where Intel’s plans will be considered, one of the people said.

Mobileye shares fell as much as 9.3% to $11.45 after trading opened on Friday, reaching their lowest level since the Jerusalem-based company went public via a US initial public offering in 2022.

I bear them no malice but by the same token, current AutoPilot and Full Self Driving are genius.

Bob Wilson

3PriusMike likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best to them. i have some intel stock, and it has not been a good investment

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    This just in: Mobileye to End Internal Lidar Development

JERUSALEM, September 09, 2024--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mobileye (Nasdaq: MBLY) has chosen to end the internal development of next-generation frequency modulated continuous wave (FMCW) lidars for use in autonomous and highly automated driving systems.

As part of our regular review of the long-term technology roadmap, we now believe that the availability of next-generation FMCW lidar is less essential to our roadmap for eyes-off systems. This decision was based on a variety of factors, including substantial progress on our EyeQ6-based computer vision perception, increased clarity on the performance of our internally developed imaging radar, and continued better-than-expected cost reductions in third-party time-of-flight lidar units.
    . . .

Bob Wilson

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    drove my brothers model y today. what a nice car. i'm especially impressed with all the storage areas.
    hatch was huge, frunk was huge and two levels. console was amazing and he had some aftermarket bins that fit inside for more storage, usb and power outlets that looked like oem, and an electric cooler under that hatch that plugs right into the inside of the fender.
    fit and finish were perfect and white leather interior was cool and very comfortable.
    autopilot was amazing, just a short drive, but i never touched the wheel.
    he said he has only had to take control in a few instances all summer.

he can't wait for 'summon me' is 100% so it can pick him up at the front door of the golf club or restaurant.