1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Model S Pricing

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by kev12345, Mar 10, 2011.

1. kev12345

kev12345 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    They also announced that the glass roof & the 2 jump seats are options. The Signature series will only have the largest battery pack. No indication when the other 2 packs will be offered.

3. bojanwish

bojanwish New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    V
    very interesting technology, it can change the worl od automobiles

4. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I went to go see the model s this past weekend... All I have to say is that I am going to put a deposit down... The car is amazing. They told me the glass roof was not an option, but should be standard.. The rear trunk seats are going to be a 1500.00 option.. Well worth it IMO. Seeing the car in person and playing with the 17" monitor sold it to me.. It's good for the environment, priced right for me, and fits 7.. Has as much or more room then a prius.. The front compartment, where a conventional gas motor is located is a huge space to put even more stuff.. There are soo many things to say that are good about this car.. Only down side for me is the yearly maintenance fee.. It is 600.00 a year!!! They remove all the batteries and check them.. That's what they told me.. Still well worth it! My next car will be in the 50-70k price range.. When looking at what is available this car comes out on top for me..

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The glass roof is an option.
    Model S Options and Pricing | Tesla Motors

It is an amazing vehicle. Interesting tidbit on the annual maintenance, I had wondered what all was involved for that fee, didn't realize they actually pulled the battery pack--to check that the connections are all good I presume?

1 person likes this.
  6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Truly an amazing car. But too big for me. My Prius is already bigger than I need or really want. That said, if they installed fast chargers on the routes I take to and within Canada for my summer hiking, I'd trade in my Prius for it. To really cover all my bases, I'd probably need chargers in Cranbrook, Nelson, Golden, and Revelstoke, B.C., and in Banff and Lake Louise, AB. Which, of course, they're not going to do any time in the next decade.

I do not like it that leather is standard on all but the 40 kWh version. Give me cloth and subtract the $1,500 cost of leather from the price!

If the Roadster is an indication, the stated range figures will be after charging in Range mode, which charges the pack to near 100% and shortens battery life, and the stated acceleration figures will be after charging in Performance mode, which charges the batteries to near 100% and lets them get hotter, which also shortens pack life. I'm guessing that what they're calling the "Performance" model at $15,000 extra, will have a hand-wound motor, or if not hand wound, then precision wound. They really should make available the range and acceleration when the car is charged in Standard mode, which gives the longest battery life. But of course, those figures will become available from owners once the car has been on the road for a while. Range is not a big deal because one need only use Range mode when on a long trip. And range in Standard mode is probably 80%, with the bottom 10% still available if needed. That's how the Roadster is. But acceleration in Standard mode would be nice to know because most people will charge in Standard mode most of the time.

I believe the $600 annual service includes a detailed diagnostic of the batteries and all electronics, as well as cleaning the cooling fins of the PEM.

I don't expect to make a special trip to Seattle to drive it, but I'm definitely going to ask to be on the list to drive one if and when they bring it to Spokane. Driving it could change my mind. But with only a two-car garage I don't think I'm in the market until I can no longer get in and out of my Roadster, or until the Model S can make my Canada trips, either because they have installed the necessary charging, or because they have increased the range to 400 miles, neither of which I expect to happen.