1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Modellista Kit Installation Question.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by reesdude, Dec 19, 2005.

1. reesdude

reesdude New Member

Hey there everyone, I have a question about the modellista rear bumper kit available at japanparts.com. Is the rear bumper a replacement bumper, or just an add on to the original bumper? From the pictures, it looks like its an add on. If not a replacement, would anyone know of a kit that is an entire replacement bumper kit and where to get it? I'm asking because I was rear ended an the guy is going to replace it but I need a entirely new bumper kit, not just an add on, and preferable non-factory. Thanks for anyone's help!

2. slortz

slortz New Member

Sorry it took so long to respond to this post but I just happened upon it now. I think I might be the only person in CA with the Modellista bodykit at the moment so that's probably the reason why no one could readily answer you question. Anyway, the rear Modellista piece goes over the existing bumper with the exception of the bottom black "mini-spoiler" piece that goes underneath the bumper. You remove that lower piece then put the Modellista bumper over the existing bumper.
    You don't need to remove anything for the the front spoiler.
    Depending upon how mangled up your existing bumper is it might be able to cover it cleanly but if I were you I wouldn't chance it.