1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Modify This!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BMcGraw, Aug 17, 2005.

1. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

I got a good deal on the lights so of course I had to install them. This Prius looks "electrified" now I'll tell ya....

And before anybody says anything, I've already done the research. For those of you in California worried about the legality check out VC25400 @ dmv.ca.gov. It states:

Lighting Requirements

25400. (a) Any vehicle may be equipped with a lamp or device on the exterior of the vehicle that emits a diffused nonglaring light of not more than 0.05 candela per square inch of area.

(B) Any diffused nonglaring light shall not display red to the front, but may display other colors. A diffused nonglaring light shall not resemble nor be installed within 12 inches or in such position as to interfere with the visibility or effectiveness of any required lamp, reflector, or other device upon the vehicle.

© A diffused nonglaring lamp or device, other than a display sign authorized by subdivision (d), shall be limited in size to an area of 720 square inches and where any lease, rental, or donation is involved the installation of the lamp or device shall be limited to those vehicles operated either primarily within business or residential districts or municipalities, or between business districts, residential districts, and municipalities in close proximity.

(d) An internally illuminated sign emitting not more than 0.25 candela per square inch and possessing copy which does not contain a white background may be displayed on each side, but not on the front or rear, of a trolley coach or of a bus being operated in urban or suburban service as described in Section 35107 of this code.

Amended Ch. 582, Stats. 1968. Effective July 16, 1968. Supersedes Ch. 144.

So there...... :mrgreen:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Woot!

nice. Didn't an Australian here do that too? I always wondered, how do you stuff it under there? won't it crack or damage if the car scrapes something underneath?

How do you hook it up?

3. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey, that looks nice. I was told by my TOYOTA mod guy, that lights could not be installed on this car, that it would mess with the electronics. I guess that is not true!

4. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't that Neon stuff soooooooo 90's????????

5. getdul981

getdul981 Junior Member

So where are the pictures?

Greg

6. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

They were attached to the original thread in mid-August. Must have been deleted in the "website mishap".

Here they are again in "collage" format.

(Since the original post I've also added CCFL interior lighting - see photos.)