1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mods - how about a Enginer subdirectory -

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by zcat3, Jan 15, 2010.

1. zcat3

zcat3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    As I type this, there are fully 12 out of 20 threads on the first page in the PHEV directory regarding Enginer (now 13 I suppose). Somewhat understandable as the Enginer is essentially a DIY kit; but still, this seems a bit excessive. I come here to read about different PHEV kits and their performance and all I see in Enginer (by the way, what happened to the last "e"?).

By the way, if Enginer is financially supportive of this site, I fully understand if you disregard this request. Although even the Enginer people may prefer to have all the threads together.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it's a good idea. Right now only Danny can create new subforums so I'll leave that to him, but certainly this thing is getting popular enough that it makes some sense.

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    We are still awaiting on an Enginer dedicated subdirectory withing the PHEV conversion topic.
    This enginer thing is becoming lenghtly and dificult to track for the newbies and the others too.
    Do we have to request a poll?

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Let me try to understand. The Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications - PriusChat Forums is not the appropriate subforum for plug-in modifications? I thought the Enginer mod was a plug-in.

What am I missing?

Unless you're arguing that each plug-in option that comes to market should have its own sub-forum. In which case, I would argue that the Prius Modifications forums should be divided into "Exterior" and "Interior" and perhaps further divided into which components are modified.

I can certainly see where the thread http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-p...-enginer-plug-in-hybrid-electric-vehicle.html has almost 700 replies and 70,000 views but it also seems that the thread has dramatically strayed from the "yes/no" question being asked. Moving that thread into a new sub-forum isn't going to make that thread any easier to read.

5. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Personally I want to see a PriusChat/Plug-In/Hymotion/2006/BarcelonaRed/Package#7/WheelSkirts/AerodynamicHubCaps/InCarPC/299MPG/2700miles/JayGroh subforum. :D

6. mrbigh

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I think that Jay and only Jay is right, lets elevate Jay's threads to a new higher level.
    About the misspelled engineer, it may deserve its own subdivision on the PHEV directory, Hymotion as well to.
    JUST my 4 cents.

1 person likes this.
  7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm talking to the folks from Enginer to see if they would like to sponsor/participate in an Enginer subforum. I'll let everyone know what I hear.

1 person likes this.
  8. mrbigh

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Danny's concept could work very well, and if it does, could be another way to promote business with out the pop-ups.