1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Module located below water pump?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Rc4jw, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Rc4jw

Rc4jw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was doing some work on my Prius and pulled the plug from the module located in front of and below the water pump.It has a orange hybrid system wire running into it but I’m not sure what it is. When I turned on the car it said check hybrid system and the code said lost contact with ecu. Somehow the pins got bent when I tried to plug it back in. I don’t have the correct tool to remove the plug which I am guessing is some kind sensor. I need to replace the plug but don’t know exactly what part it is. Also would this being unplugged make the car run bad/rough? I

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Can you tell us more about the connector? How many wires are going to it, and what are their colors? What was the diagnostic trouble code? There are dozens of “Lost Communication with...” codes, and they all have different causes.

3. Rc4jw

Rc4jw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I figured out it’s the a/c compressor motor which I don’t imagine would have any affect on how the car runs.

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The AC compressor is powered by the hybrid battery. Your likely getting that message due to bent pin in the orange cable connector, which is part of the hybrid battery circuitry.

Best disconnect the hybrid battery safety plug before attempting any repair.