1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Moisture in headlight assembly 2010 Prius IV

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by hemingway845, Dec 2, 2010.

1. hemingway845

hemingway845 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just bought a new 2010 Prius IV and noticed after a good rain that the front left headlight assembly was showing some moisture fogging inside the lens. Are these supposed to be sealed, or is that acceptable? None of the other light assemblies showed any moisture.

Help appreciated.

2. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That issue just came up a couple weeks ago in a similar thread. I believe the final outcome was to get the car to your dealer as the lens coverings ought not fog.

Happy Motoring,

Tom

1 person likes this.
  3. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Leaks in headlight assembly are covered under warranty.

1 person likes this.
  4. timo27

timo27 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting. I recently had a remanufactured headlamp installed after a wayward deer failed to look left, right, left...

The headlamp developed moisture, and I called the adjuster, who without question or argument agreed to a new headlamp (I am still awaiting his call that it has arrived at the shop, though).

Take home message: condensation isn't normal, isn't good, and the manufacturer (and insurance folks) are standing up to it. So, yeah, take it back. Since it is a new car, I'd recommend verifying that they replace it w/ a new, OEM part, not a remanufactured. My insurance co. didn't leave me with that choice.
    Good luck,
    ~T

1 person likes this.
  5. hemingway845

hemingway845 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Finally got part in and had headlight replaced under warranty - no charge. Thanks to all for input.

6. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ^ by any chance did you yourself modify and do anything with your headlight prior to the problem? I replaced my marker lights awhile back and yesterday I noticed some moisture inside my lens.

7. hemingway845

hemingway845 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Nope. Straight from the dealer with 400 miles on it to get it from Georgia to Mobile, AL. They really didn't offer any explanations either.

1 person likes this.