1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Monday Morning Prius Diary - V

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's time again for the Monday Morning Prius Diary! That's not my photo above (thanks, Flickr), but I spent the weekend as a groomsman in a very good friend's wedding. The weekend was a blast, but it left me no time to show my lovely 2010 any attention. We did take it on the trip, traveling from Charlotte to Greenville, SC and averaging about 53 MPG. So, how about you guys? Anyone install an engine block heater before it gets too cold? Remove your carpet or all-weather mats from your car per Toyota's suggestion? Feel free to post them in the comment thread or head on over to our Facebook page and leave a quick comment. http://www.facebook.com/PriusChat

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    With our 2003 Prius, I changed the oil, transaxle oil, knocked the air filter clean and cleaned the throttle body. After 3-4 years, the 1.5L engine throttle plate and body can develop a layer of carbon-oil junk that in cold, wet weather can keep the car from starting. Using a good carborator cleaner and brush solves the problem for another year:
    [​IMG]
    The carbon-oil build-up is that semi-circle just behind and to the right of the throttle plate shaft. I suspect it comes from blow-by from the PVC tube.

The transaxle oil had 27,000 miles of service and looked pretty good. It was not opaque and smelled like oil. I'll be sending it for analysis.

Bob Wilson