1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Monopoly" chooses Prius

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by creamer, Sep 12, 2006.

1. creamer

creamer New Member

Parker Brothers (Hasbro) in unveiling a new "Here & Now" edition of Monopoly. The race car token has been replaced by our favorite vehicle!

<div align="center">[​IMG]</div>
    Nothing official at monopoly.com yet, but here's the clicky for a New York Times article: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/12/business/media/12adco.html
    (my apologies if registration is requred; if so, that's what BugMeNot is for!)

I'll have to celebrate by driving my own token from Minnesota to Jacobs Field, which replaced Mediterranean Avenue in this edition...

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Snooze Button @ Sep 12 2006, 02:04 PM) [snapback]318493[/snapback]</div>
    Odd, just a few months ago i drove my actual Prius in the opposite direction :lol:

Can't wait to get one and show everyone how the prius comes out ahead every time.

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I wonder if there will be a Starbucks on every corner on the new board. :rolleyes:

I can just see the fights now . . . “YES, I LANDED ON A STARBUCKS CORNER, BUT I AIN'T PAYING FOR OR DRINKING THAT SWILL!!!†:angry: :lol:

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    After the game comes out, I wonder how many Prius owners will contact Hasbro and "complain" that their game is missing the Prius token and could they send one to "replace" it. Do that enough times and you could make a Prius bracelet. :p

5. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Yeah, heard about this on NPR this AM. They say that the railroads are going to be replaced by airlines, and passing GO will get you $2,000,000.

Airlines? Might be outdated already depending on which ones they choose.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Looks like their airports, not airlines.

Gee, I can buy the White House for $3.2 mil? There are more expensive homes in So. Cal.

It looks like fun but boy, what inflation hath wrought. I guess the original version would seem quite quaint to current players. But I don't think updating monopoly will severely compete with Gameboys and Playstations.

8. LowCO2

LowCO2 New Member

LOL, too bad one of the other icons is a cell phone - arggh.

eagle33199 - I noticed you have a pretty low MPG rating- are your tires underinflated or are you always driving uphill? :eek:

9. quagmire0

quagmire0 New Member

Utilities are now Cell Phone Provider and Internet Provider
    Railroads are Airports
    Community Chest changes from 'Runner Up In Beauty Contest' to 'Runner Up On Reality TV Show' :)

lol on the Starbucks on every corner...if they wanted to be more realistic, it would be every other space! Same goes with Walgreens. :p

Also, you should rename the post from '"Monopoly" chooses Prius' to 'Toyota chooses "Monopoly"'. The companies that appear in the game PAID to be in it.

10. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Sep 12 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]318605[/snapback]</div>
    Walgreens might have beaten them to it and bought the real estate.

Great. Now when I roll high numbers on the dice I'll have to accelerate brickly for the first few spaces, glide for a few more, decelerate as little as possible rounding the corner and stealth to my final resting place. Unless, of course, the new board has an HOV lane.

11. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 12 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]318804[/snapback]</div>
    Nah. It costs LOTS less than $3.2 mil to buy the White House....

12. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Can't leave well enough alone . . . gotta make everything “New and Improved.†:rolleyes:

What next – Is Hasbro going to update RISK to include nuclear and biological weapons, embedded media, rogue terrorist groups, and liberal politicians who will bring the troops home before the game is won? :huh: :lol:

13. quagmire0

quagmire0 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Sep 14 2006, 01:45 AM) [snapback]319359[/snapback]</div>

You should probably send that idea to them. :p Maybe they'll send you a free version of it. ;)

14. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 13 2006, 01:13 AM) [snapback]318804[/snapback]</div>
    I think Bush spent a little more than that buying the White House. They should update it with what he actually paid for that position.

15. quagmire0

quagmire0 New Member

What's funny is that if you go to the toyota web site and look to build/check out a 2006 Prius, it has an option to select the 'Monopoly' model. :lol:

[​IMG]

16. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    But where's the base price for it? and how much does it cost for the different packages?

I definately want nav on my monopoly edition prius...