1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Montana Wheels: New owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by KL0RN, Apr 11, 2012.

1. KL0RN

KL0RN New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I might as well introduce myself since i have been lurking the forums for a while.

I am also a new owner of a 05 Prius with roughly 85K+ miles on it. It is a replacement for my VW bug that was recently totaled by the insurance.
    As we were car shopping, we noticed our prius on the lot. The wife prompted me to test drive the unit...which i grudgingly obliged. Withen the first 3 minutes, i hated the car... or actually the E-Brake the dealer had set and that i could not find. After we worked that issue out, we got it on the road. The ease of driving, the quietness of the car was wonderful then the engine shut off at the light... Spooky for a new driver of a Hybrid.

We drove it around for a little longer before returning to the dealer. From that point on, i wanted that car! So Monday rolled around and we procured the paperwork and were the proud owners of a prius! I am looking forward to our adventures and roadtrips! 100K Club, here we come!!!

Good evening from Missoula, Mt!
    (Forgive me, i go by this online name... )

AKGhost
    Not enough posts yet... Sorry

i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz38/AKRadar/IMG_0010.jpg

2. HaroldW

HaroldW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congratulations on your new car! Hope you have many good years out of her. You will for sure like the mpg you get from this auto. Keep us posted. Lots of help here when you need it. H

1 person likes this.
  3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Hi Kody (I used the QRZ lookup :p ) - welcome from Kalispell.
    :welcome:
    Yes ... once you drive the Prius, you'll never look back. Word to the wise - you WILL want a nice set of studs/winter tires come next December. We got ours at Big 'O' and they REALLY make a difference between making it up the hill ... or not. The stock tires are really poor for snow / ice.
    hill
    w6eeg

4. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PC - Congrats on the New Car.
    As for MPG
    1 Drive the speed limit.
    2 Drive like u have no brakes.
    3 Learn to anticipate stops and slowing ahead.
    4 Tries at 42/40 PSI.
    Best of Luck to You!