1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Moon Hoax

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by saechaka, Aug 28, 2006.

1. saechaka

saechaka Member

i have a buddy that works in the it dept. and we talk about science and politics. but he seems to be on the conspiracy side of things and told me we never landed on the moon. he told me nobel prize winners all over the world don't even believe we landed there. so just wondering what the priuschat take on this topic. http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:C56FZs...us&ct=clnk&cd=4

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We probably missed and landed on Mars but did not know it. :p

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You need a new buddy.

That the moon landings were faked is so far out of the realm of possibility that it makes the mind spin. Hell, we still don't have good enough special effects to fake the photodocumentation that we have from the 60's.

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saechaka @ Aug 28 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]310794[/snapback]</div>
    Major hoax proponents as listed on wikipedia . . .
    Bill Kaysing
    Bart Sibrel
    William Brian
    David Percy
    Ralph Rene
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_hoax

. . . not one a Nobel winner. Don't ayah think an Nobel Laureate would be mentioned?
    . . . or is that a conspiracy too? :eek: ;)

5. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Aug 28 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]310838[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm. I'm thinking that this hoax thing might be... a hoax!

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Does he keep his coffee in the refrigerator in a metal canister with a combination lock?

Is he obsessed with Julia Roberts?

Does he wear a tin foil beanie?

Does that answer your question?

7. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My favorite part was the inserted advertisement for "Moon's Finest Florist"

8. saechaka

saechaka Member

well i told him whenever we or another country go back then we'll know for sure when we see the flag and buggy that was left behind. it was just odd that i remember reading the farthest we've gone into space since those moon missions was several hundred miles and to get to the moon is actually 250,000 miles. i was pretty flabbergasted when he told me and as with all conspiracy theories they are entertaining. so i will withhold judgment

9. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saechaka @ Aug 28 2006, 09:35 PM) [snapback]310972[/snapback]</div>
    What? The sequel??? :huh:
    Oh, yeah, that'll convince them. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. saechaka

saechaka Member

ok here i found the one fact that had me bedazzled as i thought i could negate all the other facts and it was jack whites time to motion study. if anyone could lmk how to refute this one, i would greatly appreciate it. http://www.aulis.com/skeleton.html

11. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The problem is that the conspiracy theorists will go to great lengths to raise questions about shadows ("they are going different ways .... there must be more than one light source, therefore its in a studio!"), the way things move ("the flag is jiggling, and there's no air on the moon!") and tales of complicity by NASA as told to a cousin of the friend of a Nobel Prize nominee.

Here's the basic precept, and you can use it for conspiracy theorists as well as the Creationists: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Don't fall for the pointed-question-as-proof fallacy. A question is not proof.

Your friend in the IT department may know a lot about technical issues, but he knows nothing about common sense and science. He is a functional idiot who accepts a lie because it is "entertaining" and feeds his insecurity about his place in the world by believing tales of Dragons and demons ... only in the guise of big powerful organizations or diabolical secret societies.

It is not open minded to entertain these guys, it is lunacy.

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saechaka @ Aug 28 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]310982[/snapback]</div>
    I believe the LEM and the Rover had there own cameras operated by Remote Control that also took pictures.
    Reference . . . Think of the best special effects movies that you have ever seen. Now think of the inconsistencies and visual errors that even the casual and uninformed audience can see in these films. Now think back to 1969 and the movies that were made then. Could we have produced such fakery that it would not only stand up to the scrutiny of a 1969 audience, but also a whole generation of scientists familiar with the geologic study of celestial bodies? In fact, the only ones to find fault in this record is a small "cottage industry" group of TMLWFers

http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

Wildkow

p.s. My 2 cents which ain't worth a plug nickle. :huh:

13. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saechaka @ Aug 28 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]310982[/snapback]</div>
    Jack White has been throwing crap at the wall hoping something will stick for quite a while. When he's proved wrong, he simply removes that evidence and comes up with some other load of crap to throw. Then he has to gall to say "I never said it was fake". See the 11 page forum post debunking his earlier claims at http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st=0#entry51880

Then visit this archive of Bad Astronomy postings: http://www.bautforum.com/archive/index.php/f-19.html There's 11 pages of 250 forum links each debunking conspiracy theories about astronomy.

I can easily shoot more than a picture a minute ... shutter speed is 1/30 of a second, and my fingers work faster than one press a minute, even if I'm wearing gloves. Some of the shots were from cameras mounted on the suit, so it wasn't a case of the astronaut having to set up the camera each time to take a shot.

If you're inclined to believe fairy tales, at least pick up something like the great "cover up by the authorities" in the last century that guys you would think are smart held ... like Sherlock Holmes author Arthur Canon Doyle ... who believed in fairies. At least THEY are cute and sexy like Tinkerbelle.

14. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The best proof that the moon landings were real was provided by the Soviet Union.

If the moon landing weren't real, wouldn't they - the other superpower, the ones in which we were in competition with to reach the moon first - have the technical wherewithal to gather all the proof needed to blow any moon landing hoax wide open?

Did they yell, “Fake!�

No . . . they congratulated us. :eek:

Why would they keep quiet about a hoax? They didn't keep quiet about a hoax, because there was no hoax.

PERIOD!

End of story.

15. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saechaka @ Aug 28 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]310794[/snapback]</div>
    Is he a member of the Flat Earth Society?

16. Solar Hydro

Solar Hydro New Member

You might want to see the 1978 movie Capricorn One, starring O.J. Simpson.
    (it's a very bad movie, but it shows that this theory is not new)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077294/ (IMDB shows an extensive trailer)

Solar Hydro

P.S. Why doesn't anyone mention that NASA admitted a couple of weeks ago to having 'misplaced' the 'original moon landing tapes'?

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Solar Hydro @ Aug 29 2006, 03:20 AM) [snapback]311029[/snapback]</div>
    Shhhh. . . [attachmentid=4678]

Attached Files:

• nono.gif
      nono.gif
      File size:
      234 bytes
      Views:
  18. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Forget about the moon landings. I'm interested in who killed the Fish Carburetor. If my Prius got one of these, and one of those fuel line magnets, I bet I could see 100MPG easy.

19. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Aug 29 2006, 02:00 AM) [snapback]311020[/snapback]</div>
    Besides that, we have all this moon stuff ... rocks, and especially dust. Hundreds of pounds of it.

The best proof is the fact that only LUNAtics believe it was a hoax.

The latin root of the word is appropos, I'm afraid.

20. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Aug 28 2006, 08:15 PM) [snapback]310837[/snapback]</div>
    OMG! :lol: The You need a new buddy statement caused coffee to be sprayed on the monitor, That was priceless!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And it was True <_< :rolleyes:

www.hoaxbusters.com