1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

More mods - tinting 35%

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by kormaster, Apr 9, 2011.

1. kormaster

kormaster Junior Member

Ok. 1 week of ownership and i did the HID and now this today. Very happy. My WT floor mats are coming on Wed next week. Then dynamat the doors and new speakers mated with JL 300.4 and pre amp processor JBL MS-8

Iphone pics - not so good but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It looks great!

Just watch out for 5-ohh. I had 35% up front until I got two tickets. I ended up ripping it off and going with 70%. :(

3. kormaster

kormaster Junior Member

Hopefully I wont get ticketed.. ive been lucky for about 6 years... ever since I left the rice rocket scene... ive been lucky... I see you live up in Sac.. are they really strict?

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Usually Police won't mess with you. It's the CHP that kept getting me. The first time was on 113 going through Davis. The next time was turing onto hwy 65 in Lincoln. I got lucky for two years then got 2 tickets in about 6 mo.

FunnyHow I never got ticketed in the C5 Vette with 35% but eventually my girlfriend did. I say run it for as long as you can. :)

I live in Rocklin and Davis but work in Auburn so I'm all over the Sac area.

5. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Davis! :D

6. voltoy

voltoy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I just had my windows tinted with 30%. Both Front and Rear. However, before I did this, I read the vehicle code (California), and there is an out! I have had a number of skin cancers removed from my face an arms, and I asked my dermatologist for a letter that states that I must stay out of the sun. I keep a copy in my glove box along with a copy of the vehicle code section. Now I await for the CHP to pull me over!

7. ecogreendetailing

ecogreendetailing Detailing Pro

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Looks great!

I'm really trying to decide between 35 and 20 so your pic helps! :rockon:

BTW, what brand HID kit did you get?

8. roypaik

roypaik Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I just got a ticket for my 35% in the front! How long have u had ur 70% and do you have any pictures of ur 70%?

Nice tint btw! I shouldve got with 35% all around. Your car looks nice!

9. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    35% is actually ~26% as the factory glass is already tinted 75%, so if you want to be left alone in California you should go no darker than 50% (for an aggregate of 37.5%, which is light enough especially with the Prius' generous greenhouse of glass).

10. kormaster

kormaster Junior Member

I got DDM Tuning 5000k. It is cheap and it works. Im sure there are better kits out there, but all my buddies who use them on their cars had no problems. I used it for about 2 hrs tonight driving... Love it.

11. kormaster

kormaster Junior Member

I realized that the temp inside the car when it is super sunny is def cooler. I feel like im under a shaded tree all the time.

Prius does have a lot of glass to tint. So with tinting, it is just awesome blocking out all that sun..