1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

more photo problems

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Bob Allen, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    In my megalomaniacal mind set, I wanted to share photos of me and Humu, my new blue Prius. Most of you by now know what a Prius looks like and probably don't care what I look like, but this is all a moot question because I can't get Priuschat to accept my photos.
    They were taken with a digital camera and downloaded into my computer.
    I looked at them in Corel Photo House and reduced their size to accomodate the chatline limit, and saved them as Jpeg (bitmap) files. Priuschat gives me a repititous warning line that something cannot be accepted or is not a valid Jpeg file. Much like Microsoft in that the error message is unintelligible to anyone who does not speak Klingon.
    Any ideas out there? Is anyone interested in yet another blue Prius?
    Bob

2. miniracer

miniracer New Member

I ran into this problem on another message board I frequented. The solution was that the photo had to be on a server somewhere and NOT on my own computer. I had to provide a URL where the photo could be found. I don't know if that applies in this situation, but I'm sure one of the administrators will clue you in.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bob,
    There are different JPEG protocols, some of which won't work for web use. Check Corel (I don'ti use it) and see if there is an option to "Save For Web" or something similar. I have to do that with Photoshop 7 for some web sites and now use it routinely for any web destined images.

If that won't work save them with a different program as JPEGs. Or save them as a different jpg format (other than bitmap).