1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

More Prius being produced, and soon, for global allocations

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Dianne, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Dianne

Dianne New Member

On Tuesday, August 3, Toyota will publicly announce an increase in Prius production for the 2005 calendar year. As supplier factories continue to ramp up worldwide production, plans will grow from 10,000 to 15,000 units monthly during 2005. TMS is negotiating additional allocation to address the extreme shortages in our availability. This increase in global supply should assist us in meeting the overwhelming demand of the popular Prius in the US. Please continue working closely with your regional or district office to understand your dealership's allocation and to ensure the priority is given to customers that have been waiting the longest as availability increase.

We hope you share Toyota's excitement of this good news and look forward to delivering more Prius to customers very soon.

Gang, TMS = USA as a country. Meaning, the added production is a good sign, and depending on the ratio of those extra cars being sent to the USA, we could be in great shape or just slightly better shape... hell who knows. They never say WHERE the percentages are going to go! But, looks like we are finally going to see more cars globally.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's great news Di!!

BTW, are you in any position, yet, to share any info on the '05?

3. Dianne

Dianne New Member

no new news

Evan, as I have posted in a few places so far, there is no new info, honey. The car's the same. Unless they make a last minute change that was unexpected, the 2004 and the 2005 are identical other than the VIN plate. This enables them to continue production with no stoppage at all. I believe that suits everyone's best interests at this time.

Dianne

4. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: no new news

So there are no changes in available packages. Interior/exterior color combinations available. XM as port install? Nothing at all different? I realized that the car, itself, would be unchanged....sorry if I wasn't clear on that point. Once, a few weeks ago, you mentioned that you had information about the '05 you wanted to share but there were issues preventing you from doing so...that's what I was alluding to.

5. Dianne

Dianne New Member

So far, what I am posting is what I know to be accurate. That's all I can share right now -- I have been told "no changes" unless they do something last minute, and I assessed why.

6. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

gotcha

7. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

OK, now the really dumb question. Are they weighing how much demand the Highlander Hybrid might have in to this? Basically, when I'm in the market for one of those babies (say, Fall '06), will it be Prius wait joy all over again?

Yes, I know. It's a dumb question.

8. Dianne

Dianne New Member

HLH

Manny, that is a very good question.

I have been steadily taking orders for the HLH for nearly a year.
    http://carsontoyota.com/html/highlanderhybridform.html

and let us all pray that Toyota' learned from this Prius debacle to allow the first orders of the HLH (the first year or more) be internet only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!