1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

More things that make you go hmmmm?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by David Beale, Oct 23, 2007.

1. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    OK, I agree I should buy winter blades for my Prius.

I got a card from Toyota in the mail, listing my Prius, it's VIN, my name, address etc. On the card it says they sell winter blades for my car at the dealer, so drop on by and get a set.

Today I did. Dealer says, "hmm, 2007 Prius huh?" Yup, I answer. "There isn't a listing in the Toyota Parts computer for winter blades for that car. Here's a tape measure, go out and measure the blades and come back and I'll fix you up." So I come back in, 26" drivers side, and 18" passenger side. He tells me he only has 24" and 18".

OK Toyota, please explain!

Why isn't the car in the parts listing? Why aren't there 26" winter blades? Why did you send me a card telling me to buy the blades if you don't even sell them!

Yes, I could buy a 24" blade, but why would I pay $2 more for the wrong blade at the dealer if I can get the wrong blade anywhere?

2. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David Beale @ Oct 23 2007, 05:08 PM) [snapback]529419[/snapback]</div>
    Okay, I live in Florida; what is a winter blade? Is it a special rubber or synthetic for snow or something?

3. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuddyL @ Oct 23 2007, 04:23 PM) [snapback]529423[/snapback]</div>
    Lucky you, see: http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/images/TRICO_Winter_640.jpg

4. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol... just like the guy who kept asking me "are you sure your Camry is Japanese made" cause apparently US and Japanese Camrys have different wiper blades <Shrug>.

Is it so hard to believe that a Camry is built in Japan any more? lol (it's a 2002)