1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Most compatible Bluetooth OBDII unit to buy for 2008 Prius UK

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Data Daedalus, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Data Daedalus

Data Daedalus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What is the best (as in most compatible, reliable) Bluetooth OBDII unit to buy for my 2008 Prius T Spirit? I have both a Nexus 7 and Dell Streak 5 Android devices either of which I'd like to use in the car with Torque Pro installed on them.

There's so many choices out there - and apparently quite a few non kosher clones too. I want the real deal / the most compatible there is.

Advice will be appreciated :)

iPad ? HD

2. ccdisce

ccdisce Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OBDLink MX

3. FreydNot

FreydNot Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've never has a problem with my PLX Devices Kiwi Bluetooth adapter. I guess I would call it the gold standard. However, it also costs a lot of gold.

4. Data Daedalus

Data Daedalus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you both :). I've checked out the OBDLink MX; the reviews praise it to the heavens. It's allegedly 5 times better than the average Bluetooth adapter - and correspondingly costs about 5 times as much. I'm very tempted indeed. I'll go check out the PLX Devices Kiwi BT adapter too. Thank you!! :D

Nexus 7 ?