1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Most-Improved Cars of the 2000s

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Aug 28, 2009.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Most-Improved Cars of the 2000s - Cars.com

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Let's go back in time and assume that 52 thousand NHW11 weren't sold in the US (plus another 30k or so elsewhere?) and that those purchasers had not effused over it on the internet. Would Toyota have put so much effort into the upgrade? I am prepared to doubt that, and so, still waiting for the 'early-adopter' monument to be set up somewhere.

3. bluetwo

bluetwo Relevance is irrelevant

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No offense but I got absolutely nothing out of reading any of that whatsoever. I could have just well read the technical specifications of my HP printer and been equally stimulated.

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hmmm... Malibu improved more than the Iconic Prius.

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking at the Gen2 in terms of sales success and usefulness for drivers somewhat near average height, yes, the Gen2 is a very good car.

But, in my controversial opinion, the Gen2 driver cockpit never held a candle to the 2006 Civic Hybrid driver cockpit, and could be a study for somewhat poor use of space. Most bizzare to provide excessive rear seat legroom while cramping driver seat travel.

The Gen2 was/is a great car for many people, but I can't rate it as a great car as it could have provided a comfortable drive for much taller people with better cockpit design - specifically better seats, steering wheel and dash controls laid out to allow a roomier driver experience.

6. sorka

sorka Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I'm 6' 5" and I don't even have the seat all the way back.

What I would give through for a telescoping steering wheel.