1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

most miles/Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Gardinia, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Gardinia

Gardinia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    In one of the transaxle oil threads it listed some very high mileage Priuses, ex: Jesse, MA 326,000 miles. With high mileage like that what kind of maintenance was done and what was replaced? Original batteries, engine, etc.

2. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    But alas, Jesse got broadsided by a 17 yr old driver, and the 2002 was totaled at just shy of 350,000. He was OK, but the 2002 did not make it. It had the original battery and no major repairs to speak of. He's now working on a Gen II and by now should be close to 100,000.

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Jesse's 326k was original in all the high-dollar parts. No wait I cannot say that for sure because I don't think we ever heard if he had the original steering.

He may well have done things like wheel bearings, struts, ball joints and the like.

I think we are still waiting for a Prius gas engine to wear out. There have been one or two engine replacements (at least), subsequent to total loss of engine oil. Things like a hole punched in the sump or the drain bolt left loose.

On the other extreme, there are a few who have paid the big bucks for batteries and or transaxles. Some of those got a cost-share with Toyota.

Those are the extremes. for the big bulge in the middle, best guess now is that you may be buying something in the log term, but that the overall costs will still be equal or less than a conventional car. Not a bad prospect overall.