1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

(Mostly) good experience with dealer in Golden CO

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mmapes, Sep 10, 2004.

1. mmapes

mmapes New Member

I had an almost-entirely positive experience with Stevinson Toyota in Golden CO. It was the second dealer I went to (third if you count the old-style Prius I almost bought when they first came out).

Boulder Toyota is walking distance from my house, but as of this spring, they would NOT sell me a car without tacking on a $900 "high altitude sealant" package (i.e., scotch guard and wax). I thought threatening to walk away from the deal might scare them into keeping my business, but after about four phone calls and two threats, they wouldn't let up, so I decided not to give them my $23,000.

When I called Stevinson, they tried to win me over by going $210 under MSRP. I *just* missed the price increase, so they upped their offer to $300, offsetting the increase, and I was thrilled to have found them.

I would recommend Stevinson to anyone buying a car in Colorado. The wait was long, but no longer than the rest of the country. When I went to buy the car, everything went smoothly, and my salesperson, Holly, treated me right.

My only complaint is with the finance officers. They used hard-sell tactics to try to get me to buy the extended warranty, the clear plastic rock-chip protectors. He even tried to hard-sell me into financing more of the price of the car and putting less money down. Have you seen The Simpsons episode where the family gets brainwashed by the Movementarians? It was kinda like that. As if I would take his advice over the dozens of well-informed, disinterested third parties on PriusChat. (Thanks, by the way, for all the advice).

And by the way, on my drive home, I got 65 MPG! (It must be downhill from Golden to Boulder.)