1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Moto SLVR L7 not connecting automatically

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by leeki4321, May 7, 2006.

1. leeki4321

leeki4321 New Member

I just got a new SLVR L7 phone and was able to pair it with the car and connect but every time I shut off the car and turn it back on, I have to go through the pairing process again! I don't have to type in the pass key but I need to turn on the 'discover' mode both in the Prius and the phone for the two to connect. What give!!??

Also, the battery power and caller ID doesn't seem to come through on the Prius display. One thing to note is that I have T-Mobile service BUT the phone seems to be an unlocked phone from Europe. The package states 'L7 BLK AFRICA RETAIL EURO' and it came with a round adapter to convert the round european plug to US plug. There are not T-Mobile markings on the phone.

My old Sony Ericsson T616 worked just fine but I guess Motorola has a different bluetooth implementation?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I have an L6, which works with no problems. Are you sure Bluetooth is permanently on on the phone? Check the settings in the Bluetooth menu. It could be that you're making a temporary pairing and the Bluetooth deactivates afterwards.

3. leeki4321

leeki4321 New Member

I'm really annoyed cause everytime I get in my Prius, I need to re-connect with the phone. Plz help!!

4. Kross

Kross New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leeki4321 @ May 28 2006, 02:59 AM) [snapback]261982[/snapback]</div>
    Don't have your type of phone but I do use BT on my LG VX9800. Two things:

1) Make sure the Prius has your phone stored in it's paired devices. Also, make sure "Autoconnect" is enabled on your Prius. I believe you have to go into "Settings --> Bluetooth" to do these two things.

2) Make sure your PHONE has Bluetooth active. Usually all phones, when their Bluetooth is set to active, will have a little BT symbol appear on the phone's screen.

5. hekav

hekav New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leeki4321 @ May 28 2006, 08:59 AM) [snapback]261982[/snapback]</div>
    I had the same problem with my Motorola Razr V3i from T-Mobile here in Germany.
    I called Motorola and they said: this is a feature in all Motorola phones (at least here in Germany).
    I would get all the features if i bay original Motorola assories. He also said that Motorola think about it
    to change the software in their phones because of so many complains from customers.

For me, this is a reason not to bay any Motorola phones anymore. I send it back and bay me a Sonny Ericsson.

hekav